21 Jun 2010 - 9:53am
+1
4 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
agold1120

Junior UX Positions - What to Look For?

Hi All,

I am a few years out from undergraduate school so this primarily speaks towards starting out as a User Experience professional. 

20 Jun 2010 - 9:13pm
10 weeks ago
18 replies
Neil Lee

Wireframing on the iPad

(I atone in advance for this topic's platform-specificness.)

20 Jun 2010 - 9:05pm
Neil Lee

Wireframing on the iPad?

(I atone in advance for this topic's platform-specificness.)

I was wondering if anyone who owns either iMockups[1] or Omnigaffle for the iPad[2] could pipe up with their thoughts and comments? I've been doing some very rough wireframe sketching using the free Adobe Ideas app, but have been looking at both of these apps as my next purchase.

iMockups is $10, so there isn't as much of an investment lost if it isn't an effective tool.

20 Jun 2010 - 8:05pm
4 years ago
1 reply
DrWex

Re: [IxDA] IxDA Site Updates and some issues we need to decide on

I see that a Reply-To header is being used. Is one of your working issues to fix it so that mail appears to go To the list itself?

Thank you for the update.

--Alan

20 Jun 2010 - 5:54pm
4 years ago
14 replies
elvenmuse

Is the mouse dead?

The pointer is far from dead, but with the recent wave of MultiTouch devices and almost 3 years of using a Wacom tablet instead of a mouse... I'm left wondering if the mouse is dead. It isn't very ergonomic (for prolonged periods of time), and mobile computers (with "touch pads") are becoming the most sold computers... if we don't include "smart" phones.

20 Jun 2010 - 2:48pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Ethan Bond

Android UI Overlay Project

Hello,

I'm a young graphic designer who recently made a theme for hacked Motorola Droids. While doing this I realized I didn't have nearly the creative freedom that I wanted, but also that the stock Android OS is really...really ugly and rough around the edges.

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in starting a team to make an overlay (entire new UI with set of system apps) for Android handsets and tablets. I don't code, but I know Android apps are coded in Java. 

20 Jun 2010 - 10:08am
Matt Nish-Lapidus

IxDA Site Updates and some issues we need to decide on

Hi Everybody,

This is a quick update on the ongoing IxDA.org and mailing list issues.  For those that missed the board blog post (most of you) there is now an issue tracker at tracker.ixda.org.  You can view all the issues, features, and other stuff we're working on there.  If you have an issue or feature request to submit please use the Get Satisfaction "Feedback" tab on the side of the site.

Specific issues:

1. Out of office replies

20 Jun 2010 - 8:04am
4 years ago
2 replies
netwiz

Suggestions to improve the User eXperience of IXDA

A week ago I posted some suggestions to the discussion list, to which there were a couple of 'hear-hears' (thanks), but little other response. So I'm having another go in a new thread, in the hope that there will be some more debate on whether these are good ideas, and some formal response.

The reason I'm doing this is because previously I found the discussions interesting and stimulating, and couldn't find the same level of debate anywhere else.

20 Jun 2010 - 4:16am
Terms:
DPR67

Marketing Healthcare iPad/iPhone products - Free product supporting larger product

I have recently finished a contract for a health and wellness application for iPad/iPhone.  We have managed to become the #1 grossing app in it's category several times since it's launch over a week ago. 

The question I pose is if anyone has experience in iPhone/iPad marketing with respect to offering free applications to help promote a larger product.  If you have, what is the effect of this on sales?

Thanks for your time.

Dave

20 Jun 2010 - 2:22am
4 years ago
4 replies
aZippel4iD

Is the Certified Usability Analyst title acknowledged by employeers?

I am trying to get a sense about the employers viewpoint of the HFI-Certified Usability Analyst. I have been a web designer for 15 years, I am working on my B.S. in psychology. Generally speaking, does the company you work for view this certification as making a difference as an educational requirement for someone at my level (or lack there of;)?