Discussion Archive: June 2010

19 Jun 2010 - 5:15pm
4 years ago
8 replies
Michael Eckersley
19 Jun 2010 - 1:02pm
jet

Re: [IxDA] Help determine minimum viewing distance to small LCD display

On 6/18/10 15:36, varunr123 wrote: > Hi I have a user using a small 10.4" LCD display with a resolution of > 1024x768 and has an aspect ratio of 16x10. Could you please help me find > out what the minimum viewing distance (distance between the center of > the screen and user's eye) is and what additional factors may be > involved (like screen brightness, contrast, etc.) and how these factor > into the equation. Thanks a lot for your help! >

I would dig through the literature for virtual reality going back into the early 90s.

18 Jun 2010 - 1:27pm
4 years ago
2 replies
varunr123

Help determine minimum viewing distance to small LCD display

Hi I have a user using a small 10.4" LCD display with a resolution of 1024x768 and has an aspect ratio of 16x10. Could you please help me find out what the minimum viewing distance (distance between the center of the screen and user's eye) is and what additional factors may be involved (like screen brightness, contrast, etc.) and how these factor into the equation.  Thanks a lot for your help! 

18 Jun 2010 - 11:58am
4 years ago
2 replies
Rafael

MA Design for Interactive Media at Middlesex

Hi Guys,

I need help to get more opinion from Middlesex alumini.

I got an offer for MA Design for Interactive Media and I couldn`t find any message about this course or  Lansdown Centre.

I Don`t need more info about UCL, City and others, I got enough info already...

Thanks,

Rafael

18 Jun 2010 - 9:22am
tkholmes

Re: [IxDA] View larger images on web site - which is better: Link to gallery files or lightbox?

I hope I understood your question: you're looking for an apparent way for users to understand that a larger version of an image is available?

I think that most people are familiar with the "expand" functions on video sites - especially youtube and hulu.

There's usually a small symbol at the bottom right that looks like a box, and there are arrows pointing out diagonally from each corner, or a "broken" frame that accent only the corners of the small box.

18 Jun 2010 - 8:35am
yahvuu

Re: [IxDA] View larger images on web site - which is better: Link to gallery files or lightbox?

mydrive.ch opens a lightbox on LMB click, but still the image is linked directly such that the raw file can be opened in a new tab with MMB.

regards, yahvuu

18 Jun 2010 - 8:09am
Arun Sharma Chi...

Re: [IxDA] where to use eye tracking?

Eye Tracking is generally used in conjunction with other methods except think aloud to understand the visual processing behavior over a stimulus(image, advertisement, website, software etc.). Thorough observation there is a likelihood that you can bias the results the same goes with interviews and other methods of self reports. But, with eye tracking you get actual results of the viusal processing behavior of participants which can help in triangulating results as well as supporting the results from other methods using gaze plots or heat maps.

18 Jun 2010 - 6:12am
4 years ago
9 replies
Terms:
kishor

where to use eye tracking?

Hi all,

Recently I got chance to try out eye tracking setup for one project. But I'm little confused about what phase is appropriate for using eye tracking. I mean for performance test, we can take tasks and test with users and get observations, for affordance test, I don’t think there is any need of eye tracking setup (as it can be executed by asking questions). So according to my understanding, eye tracking is purely for re-design so is this understanding correct?

Thanks, Kishor Sonawane

18 Jun 2010 - 3:21am
4 years ago
2 replies
ingjerd

View larger images on web site - which is better: Link to gallery files or lightbox?

We are discussing how to let users view larger images of an image posted on to an article. We are considering several options, but the fundamental question is about the basic behaviour:

18 Jun 2010 - 1:43am
Terms:
ada

Text size for info kiosk

Hi,

I would like to ask for your recommendations on the English and Chinese text sizes for info kiosk. The kiosk has about 46 inches tall (1080x1920px).

Thanks for your help.

ada