Discussion Archive: July 2010

13 Jul 2010 - 1:40pm
3 years ago
4 replies
Thomas Davies

Heuristic Evaluation on an iPad app

I recently conducted a heuristic evaluation on an iPad game.

I wanted to do some sort of evaluation that wasn't connected to a degree assignment of mine! I emailed it to the company behind the game, but haven't got a reply for two weeks so I thought I would make it public.

13 Jul 2010 - 1:34pm
Jared M. Spool

[PLUG] Remote Usabiliy Testing - Nate Bolt - 7/15 - UIE Virtual Seminar

To go along with the recent discussion of remote usability testing tools here on the IxDA discussion board, we've got a special offer for IxDA readers.

On 7/15, Nate Bolt will deliver his fabulous session on Remote Usability Testing, sharing his latest thinking on the technique, including a good round-up of the lastest tools - pros & cons.

Use the IXDA promotion code when you register and get free lifetime access to the webinar that you can share with everyone in your organization. (A $40 value.)

13 Jul 2010 - 12:39pm
3 years ago
7 replies
tchdoll

UX mentor and/or design projects wanted to help build experience!

I've been in the UX field for 3+ years now but I keep hitting a series of bumps (starting with a layoff in 2009) that have prevented me from expanding my professional design portfolio. The majority of my professional work has revolved around usability evaluation and user research, although I have done some design work professionally, on the side, and in grad school. For the past year, my professional work has focused on usability testing and user research.

13 Jul 2010 - 11:55am
3 years ago
1 reply
russwilson
Beja

[Event-NYC] Rountable: Product Managers of publishing and informational sites on Drupal

Hello,

The NYC Software Product Management meetup group is meeting next Tuesday, July 20th, at 6:30pm in NYC to discuss product management best-practices in overseeing Drupal based publishing and informational sites.

More details and RSVP here:

http://www.meetup.com/Software-Product-Management-Meetup-NYC/calendar/14055133/

Hope to see you at the Meetup!

Thanks,
Beja
12 Jul 2010 - 10:24am
3 years ago
1 reply
Bill Barranco

Re: [IxDA] Mocking up applications for the iPhone

Re: [IxDA] Mocking up applications for the iPhone

Are you based in the US?

12 Jul 2010 - 8:30am
Pradyot Rai

JOB: User Experience Designer, DC, CR Roll Call - Economist Group

Please find the full description. Let me know your questions and forward me your resume, if you are interested --

User experience designer

Business unit: CQ-Roll Call Group

Job Description

12 Jul 2010 - 6:25am
3 years ago
3 replies
smitty777

Left/Right Road Flip

I just read an interesting article in Gizmag about a very creative traffic design solution.  Apparently, the road on the Pearl River between China and Hong Kong also divides folks who drive on the left and right side.  This unique bridge not only reverses the direction of the flow of traffic, but also puts the drivers in the cognitive mindset to switch sides:

http://www.gizmag.com/pearl-river-necklace-bridge/15679/

11 Jul 2010 - 1:18am
Chris McLay

Second Melbourne UX Movie Night

Hi everyone,

We had a great turnout to the first Melbourne UX Movie Night last month, and the second one is just two days away.

10 Jul 2010 - 8:04am
3 years ago
7 replies
Elizabeth P

Participatory design with paper prototypes

Hello everyone,

has anybody used participatory design combined with paper prototyping to gather insight as to the best interaction design solution?  

I'm specifically thinking of having users organize, in a guided session, paper widgets and content modules of different sizes to reflect the access they would like to see on the interface to different content items according to their needs and uses. This would be like an extension of conventional card sorting (which we have already done), but to gauge users' needs in terms of access and interaction with the contents.