Discussion Archive: July 2010

10 Jul 2010 - 3:35am
3 years ago
12 replies
rachel.i.simpson

Mocking up applications for the iPhone

Hi everyone,

I'm a student currently learning about Interaction Design, on Exchange from Canada in Germany. A group that I am working with is developing an iPhone application aimed at helping cancer patients organize a wide variety of tasks and self-care needs that come with the disease. I have worked on projects with the iPhone before, as an intern and developer. I don't have any experience though mocking up the application on the iPhone, without going through the process of actually building it.

9 Jul 2010 - 5:21pm
Pradyot Rai

[IxDA] JOB: User Experience Designer, DC, CR Roll Call - Economist Group

Folks,

Please check out the UX Designer job at CQ Roll Call in Washington DC. And let me know if you have any questions. You can send your resume directly at -- PradyRai@cqrollcall.com, or post it from Economist Group Website by going to this link -

9 Jul 2010 - 8:30am
Douglas Brashear

RE: [IxDA] Separate list for Job Postings?

Jared said:

"In my inbox, it's impossible to separate out the job listings from the
discussion. Is there a way to indicate (either in the subject line or one of
the header fields) which list the message is directed to?"

Great suggestion! I, too, have the same problem and would love a way to easily recognize the job postings, so I can set up rules to route the messages.

• Doug :-)
8 Jul 2010 - 8:32pm
headsetgroup

Re: [IxDA] Separate list for Job Postings?

ditto. likewise.

8 Jul 2010 - 3:24pm
3 years ago
16 replies
Nina Alter

Separate list for Job Postings?

type: discussion status: 1 Howdy: Might we consider a separate list for job postings? This one is becoming too laborious to sift through to find good chewy discussions...

8 Jul 2010 - 11:21am
motivo

Re: [IxDA] Commenting an article - below article or below article+other comments ?

2010/7/8 Jakub Andrzejewski : > Hi, > > I'd like to hear your opinion on where to place a form to comment an > article: > > 1. Directly under the corresponding article (and above existing comments) > > 2.

8 Jul 2010 - 11:10am
2 years ago
12 replies
annabellyeo

Good Post-Secondary/Education Websites?

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any examples of good, well-organized university/college websites? 

Thanks in advance,

~Anne

8 Jul 2010 - 9:30am
3 years ago
3 replies
Jakub Andrzejewski

Commenting an article - below article or below article+other comments ?

Hi,

I'd like to hear your opinion on where to place a form to comment an article:

1. Directly under the corresponding article (and above existing comments)

2. All the way down under both the article and the existing comments

I have a feeling it depends...

If you happen to have any examples, supporting research for either option please share :)

Thanks,

/Jakub:)

8 Jul 2010 - 8:24am
Terms:
Matt Nish-Lapidus

IxDA Website/Mailing List Tips and Reminders

Hi Everybody,

This is a note from our moderation team to remind everybody of a few important things that will help keep the discussions active and interesting.

1. There is a separate Job Board on the site at http://www.ixda.org/jobs - Please use this section to post jobs, not the discussions. Starting now Jobs posted to discussions will be removed, and the poster reminded to re-post it in the Job Board

7 Jul 2010 - 1:01pm
3 years ago
4 replies
designmarket721

DIY Design

I'm wondering what you think about the DIY Design movement and the momentum that it seems to be picking up, particularly in places like Portland. Do you see it a relevant to you and your career/future? Do you even feel like you have a complete understanding of what it means and the entrepreneurial component involved?  Will it really open doors or will it just muddy the waters between GOOD design and junk?

IDSA is devoting a whole conference to it in August... What do you think? Would you go to get the inside scoop from people like John Hoke and John Jay among others?