Discussion Archive: July 2010

7 Jul 2010 - 10:44am
Terms:
jenglazer

JOBS - Full time Senior Designer/UX roles in NYC - Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Designers - Full time roles in NYC

Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (MSSB) -- a financial services/retail brokerage firm-- is currently embarking on one of the largest application development and integration efforts in the industry. The MSSB User Experience is hiring full time positions for graphic designers/interaction designers. What makes our team and work especially rewarding is that we spend time *every week* with our end users through 1:1 user studies, usability testing, and focus groups.

Please send resume and cover letter highlighting your experience in...

7 Jul 2010 - 10:26am
Diego Moya

Re: [IxDA] The influence of pre-populating web forms

On 3 July 2010 00:34, Charles Adler wrote:

Do we pre-populate the form field with the amount of the selected item or leave it blank to encourage some percentage of greater pledge.

I'm interested to hear any opinions, direction to supporting research one-way or the other, or experiences anyone here has had with something similar. 
7 Jul 2010 - 10:14am
3 years ago
2 replies
Peter Van Dijck

UIs for efficiently tagging lots of photos?

Hi all,
Looking for examples of UI's where you can efficiently tag your personal photos (assume you have 10,000s of them).
Thanks!Peter

--
http://petervandijck.com
Skype id: peterkevandijck
USA tel (SkypeIn nr.): (646) 502-8604

7 Jul 2010 - 10:10am
3 years ago
5 replies
johnwromano

Creating Badge Reward Systems

Has anyone seen any research or good resources about how to effectively create a badge system to reward users for participation within a community? I'm looking for information about methodology, specifically things like what what kind of badges users respond to, and what kind of thresholds to use.

7 Jul 2010 - 9:35am
ella Kallish

Re: [IxDA] How to develope a carrer in this filed, how can a beginner make a begining

Call me and well talk - Ella Kallish 305-931-7296

> From: rakeshsriram > Reply-To: > Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 04:54:40 -0500 > To: Ella Kallish > Subject: Re: [IxDA] How to develope a carrer in this filed, how can a beginner > make a begining > > may be there were discussions some where before but it is so hard to go along > the archives . > > and I graduated in Computer scince . > > thank you > > (((Please leave all content below this line))) > ___________________________________________________________

6 Jul 2010 - 10:41pm
+1
Christopher Fahey

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Design is not a “problem-solving techni que”

On Jul 6, 2010, at 8:27 PM, David Malouf wrote: > Abductive = gut? hmm? never equated it that way. Abductive reasoning does have an approach of validation to it.

Sure, but the "validation" part of abductive reasoning comes from the gut. Don't knock the gut! And, to mix a metaphor here, let's not try to put lipstick on it either with words like "validation", as if that makes a gut decision more legit -- guts are guts.

6 Jul 2010 - 6:42pm
ella Kallish

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Information Architect

Where is this position located? E

> From: Wirelessapps > Reply-To: > Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:31:50 -0500 > To: Ella Kallish > Subject: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Information Architect > > Thanks Maureen, > > I'm still reviewing candidates for this project, please feel free to submit > your information. > > Best > > Anil. > > On 7/6/10 3:45 PM, "Maureen" wrote: > >> Dear Jesse, >> >> Are you still in need of an IA?

alexyra

[Job]: Full-time openings for Mid-Level UX designers for Ad Agency in Santa Monica

FULL-TIME USER EXPERIENCE OPPORTUNITIES AT RPA

RPA (rpa.com) is looking for a couple of people to help with user experience design efforts alongside our existing teams.   As a User Experience Designer, you will work closely with Project Managers, Creatives and Engineers through numerous stages of the product development cycle. You will be involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from ideation to implementation.

Responsibilities:

You will help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing projects.

6 Jul 2010 - 5:52pm
Wirelessapps

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Information Architect

Thanks Maureen,

I'm still reviewing candidates for this project, please feel free to submit your information.

Best

Anil.

On 7/6/10 3:45 PM, "Maureen" wrote:

> Dear Jesse, > > Are you still in need of an IA? If so, I'll forward credentials and such. > > Sincerely, > Maureen Murphy > President > > (((Please leave all content below this line))) > ________________________________________________________________ > Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA) Discussion! > Manage Account ..........

6 Jul 2010 - 4:08pm
usabilitymedic

Re: [IxDA] Information Architect

Dear Jesse,

Are you still in need of an IA? If so, I'll forward credentials and such.

Sincerely, Maureen Murphy President