Discussion Archive: July 2010

28 Jul 2010 - 2:47am
4 years ago
6 replies
NeedhamMatt

Who designed etoro.com, mint.com or vark.com?

We are looking to launch a web business later this year.

We are currently in the design phase, and have been using etoro, mint.com and vark.com as examples of 'what good looks like'.  Quite honestly, our designs so far have not been close to the etoro site, both in terms of user experience and look-and-feel.

Could someone point me in the direction of the agencies which designed the original etoro, mint and Aardvark sites.  There could be some work coming their way...

Many thanks in advance for any help on this
Matt

28 Jul 2010 - 2:20am
satosh

FW: [IxDA] How do you scale great UI design?

Hi Russ, I'd like to build on what both Chauncey and Alan suggested. That is, I’d recommend taking a lightweight stakeholder-centric approach to: . per Chauncey, promote and position great UI design . per Alan, utilize your designers as agents of change, modeling new role, positioning design for more impact

Without knowing much about your company’s culture or readiness for change, here's a possible approach to consider: . Use your designers' skills to employ a customer research approach to identify your stakeholders, prioritizing the few stakeholders critical to your success.

27 Jul 2010 - 11:23pm
4 years ago
1 reply
neha

RE: [IxDA] Annotations template (or UI components) for PowerPoint

Thanks Paul. Great help since I am an avid powerpoint wireframer.

-----Original Message-----
From: ixdaor@host.ixda.org [mailto:ixdaor@host.ixda.org] On Behalf Of Paul Hibbitts
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:21 PM
To: neham@techved.com
Subject: Re: [IxDA] Annotations template (or UI components) for PowerPoint

27 Jul 2010 - 6:46pm
+3
4 years ago
1 reply
Steve Baty

Interaction 12 - Co-host Selection

The Call for Proposals to co-host Interaction 12 has now formally closed. I'd like to thank all of the groups who showed interest in the process and the opportunity to bring the IxDA's conference to their city.

Submissions will be reviewed and evaluated over the coming few days. Groups may be contacted for clarification of their proposal, but material changes to the submission will not be permitted.

27 Jul 2010 - 4:31pm
kmillersf

*Director/VP, Business Development and/or Client Services...I am available*

Hi Everyone,I am looking to make a career move in the SF Bay Area. I have 4+ years of Design (frog design, Native Design) Consulting/BD and Operational experience plus 12 years of Software and Technology Sales/Marketing success. I am very interested in finding the right design firm/consultancy that is in need of my skill-set to help them get to the next level.

27 Jul 2010 - 3:57pm
Christian Crumlish

Re: [IxDA] How can a wiki be made more user-friendly?

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Elizabeth P wrote:

Has anyone done a heuristic or usability tests on a wiki?

27 Jul 2010 - 3:29pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Brian Mila

RE: [IxDA] How do you scale great UI design?

Russ,

Are you talking about maintaining consistency of a single UI standard across 100s of apps? Or are you talking about how do you get independent design teams to all create good UI design even though their UIs might be different?

27 Jul 2010 - 2:27pm
netwiz

Re: [IxDA] Actually, You Might Be Your User

On 25/07/2010 18:16, Yvonnia Martin wrote: > Those self checkout systems in the grocery stores have fallen victim > to my rants, because not only do I experience the system, I evaluate > it and make recommendations. So there I am at register 6--yelling > about how one of the buttons is mis-labled or how some part of the > process is counterintuitive. And then my husband has to tell me to > shut up and keep walking . My only concern is "am I subjecting my work > to a bias?"

Ooh ooh me too.

27 Jul 2010 - 12:41pm
4 years ago
1 reply
adesouza

Annotations template (or UI components) for PowerPoint

I am in need of a template (or stencils) for a project that requires annotations to be done in PowerPoint. I would need UI components that would usually be part of a wireframe set that includes labels and notes.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks

27 Jul 2010 - 12:40pm
kmillersf

*Searching for Director/VP, Business Development or Client Services role*

Hi Everyone,I am looking to make a career move in the SF Bay Area. I have 4+ years of Design (frog design, Native Design) Consulting/BD and Operational experience plus 12 years of Software and Technology Sales/Marketing success. I am very interested in finding a design firm/consultancy that is in need of my skill-set to help them get to the next level.