Discussion Archive: August 2010

15 Aug 2010 - 11:42pm
hassan.schroede...

Re: [IxDA] Font sizers

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Krzysztof Piwowar wrote:

> * all browsers have a zoom functionality (but I'm aware that not everybody >  now about it)

Which is exactly the point -- browsers offer zero affordance that such capability exists.

15 Aug 2010 - 11:07pm
hnarsana

Ok, now what does this mean?

This is an interesting page I saw on the IXDA site, when trying to upload a job posting.
Interesting.
Hemanshu
Usability Engineer / Ph: +91-96861-90892 [new]

“Don’t worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you’ll have to ram them down people’s throats.” - Howard Aiken

Fil Sapienza

Chinese, Latino user studies

Those people working with Chinese, Chinese-American, and/or Latino web users may take interest in a couple of recent studies that connect Geert Hofstede’s cultural dimensions to multi-ethnic web usability among these groups:

Usability for Latinos - - http://www.filippsapienza.com/blog1/2010/02/03/usability-for-latinos/

15 Aug 2010 - 11:41am
Josh Damon Williams

Announcing Interaction11 keynote speaker Erik Hersman

Hello,

Today, Interaction11 co-chair MJ Broadbent announced some exciting news about the conference. We're excited to introduce our fifth keynote for Interaction11, Ushahidi's co-founder Erik Hersman. You can read MJ's happy announcement here:

http://www.ixda.org/interaction/news/2010/08/announcing-keynote-erik-hersman/

14 Aug 2010 - 2:42pm
4 years ago
2 replies
Paul Bryan

Interaction12 Location: Consider Amsterdam

I read in the Board of Directors post that IxDA is in the process of selecting a location for Interaction 12. There was a list of locations under consideration, but I'd like to propose one I didn't see in the list: Amsterdam.

13 Aug 2010 - 5:20pm
+4
4 years ago
6 replies
IxDA Board of D...

Why does IxDA exist?

Why does IxDA exist?

This was the question the IxDA Board of Directors began with as we gathered this past weekend for our annual retreat. It was an important place to start for two reasons: Clarification of what we are, and even more importantly what we are not; and reminding ourselves why we are a part of IxDA.

1. Clarification of what we are, and even more importantly what we are not

13 Aug 2010 - 4:25pm
hassan.schroede...

Re: [IxDA] Font sizers

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Krzysztof Piwowar wrote:

> And web pages... I don't know... I've never felt the need to put this tool > on webpages, becasue:

> * I don't belive that this tool meets people real needs

You don't believe that some people will want to change the font size with which they're viewing a given site?

13 Aug 2010 - 2:23pm
4 years ago
1 reply
kmillersf

Pro bono work for SF non-profit needed ASAP

I am a Board member of SF Suicide Prevention Agency and we need design help from individuals or an agency. Please contact me directly at kmillersf@hotmail.com or 415-377-7500. Thanks!

Details of services needed and on the agency below:

Brent Rogers

UX Week 2010 Conference - CISCO Gold Sponsor

Adaptive Path's UX Week is the premier user experience conference. With a mix of inspiring talks from recognized thought leaders and hands-on workshops delivering takeaway skills, this event delivers for user experience professionals at all levels — directors, managers, and practitioners. Join us for the seventh UX Week. It just keeps getting better and better! 

13 Aug 2010 - 8:08am
hassan.schroede...

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Font sizers

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:42 AM, hnarsana wrote: > On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 5:25 AM, Scott Noblit [1]> wrote: > >> I've been looking at redesigning some asset level pages (articles, etc) >> lately. Currently on these articles we have a font size option (small, >> medium and large).