+1
4 years ago
1 reply
Jared M. Spool

[PLUG] Content Strategy w/Kristina Halvorson - UIE Book Club

UIE Book Club
Topic: Content Strategy for the Web
When: August 17, 2010 at 2pm ET / 1pm CT / 11am PT
Cost: Free (But you have to read the book!)

Hi there,

13 Aug 2010 - 7:04am
dgavales

Re: [IxDA] Looking for Design Principles and/or Creative Directors:

Just as a side note, a principle is an idea or rule, whereas a principal is an important person or thing.

Diana

13 Aug 2010 - 6:16am
4 years ago
6 replies
ask

Touch screen with buttons, drop-downs in touch screen

Hi !

This is my first posting here, I’ve enjoyed reading many discussions in the past, so be gentle :)

Nr 1. Right now we are discussing back and fourth the use of buttons in addition to touch screen. I should mention that we do not have strict accessibility requirements, it is not a product for open spaces, where all tactile feedback is important.

brainpulse

Cpanel Web Hosting -- Popular and User Friendly

An entrepreneur who is new on an online business may not be very much familiar with the terms that are associated with web hosting and a website. It is only when he signs up with a web hosting company that he receives a package including a control panel used to manage and maintain the files of his domain. There are various control panels but among them Cpanel is mostly favored by the internet marketers.

13 Aug 2010 - 4:16am
+1
4 years ago
1 reply
brainpulse

Reputation Management - Losing Control Of Brand Online Can Be Perilous

The indubitably rising use of social media seems to propelling more and more businesses to jump aboard and grow into "social businesses." With an attempt to accrue all advantages of turning social, a plain concern that many businesses miss out is maintaining their brand control online.

12 Aug 2010 - 11:46pm
hnarsana

Re: [IxDA] Font sizers

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 5:25 AM, Scott Noblit <snoblit@scrippsnetworks.com> wrote:

12 Aug 2010 - 10:52pm
Steph

Microsoft CRM: Usability challenges using data entities as user interfaces

Hi everyone,

My organisation is currently setting up Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.

As part of this, MS CRM should support some of our internal teams and their processes. These processes are quite complex but have common elements like sending/receiving correspondence, capturing data, and facilitating decision making.
12 Aug 2010 - 8:15pm
Fil Sapienza

Chinese or Latino Usability

Those people working with Chinese, Chinese-American, and/or Latino web users may take interest in a couple of recent studies that connect Geert Hofstede’s cultural dimensions to multi-ethnic web usability among these groups:

Usability for Latinos - - http://www.filippsapienza.com/blog1/2010/02/03/usability-for-latinos/

Cultural Dimensions of Chinese and Chinese-American Websites - - http://www.filippsapienza.com/blog1/2010/02/03/chiamer/

The studies are presented in English, Chinese, and Spanish and are entirely free. Feedback is of course appreciated.

Filipp Sapienza

12 Aug 2010 - 5:37pm
4 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
Greg Petroff

State of Profession and the # of jobs out there

So I am hiring...I reach out to my personal network to recruit and the response is they are trying to hire me. It's a good thing and if you look at the Job Board it's amazing what opportunities are out there right now in certain areas. Bay Area especially is hot.

But it brings up Jared's question from the Interaction09|vancouver  conference, "Where are the next 10,000 ixd's going to come from?"