Discussion Archive: August 2010

3 Aug 2010 - 5:13am
+2
3 years ago
7 replies
Stefan Woelwer

Education Interaction Design

Dear all,

a while ago I started a google map with universities offering interaction design courses in Germany. It would be great if I could ask you for suggestions of related courses in your country: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=111762822334715389586.00048782c862d08f261c6&z=

Many thanks!

Stefan

3 Aug 2010 - 3:37am
3 years ago
1 reply
Sven Jenzer

Re: [IxDA] Discount testing techniques and ressources

Hi Jan

I make very simple & easy usability-tests with the Screen-Grabbing-Tool Silverback: http://silverbackapp.com/ If your students use MacBooks with built in VideoCamera.

Jan Dittrich wrote: > Hi there, > > I am in search for discount methods for usability testing. This will > be for teaching students how to make their interaction design ideas > real. There are some good ideas out there how to gether requirements > via discount methods - but I am looking for ways for testing > prototypes etc.

2 Aug 2010 - 5:01pm
3 years ago
3 replies
Diana Wynne

how to define "popular"

The B2B site I'm working on will have several crowdsourced modules such as popular articles, most saved documents, and recent popular searches. These can be filtered by role or region, in order to show "most popular for people like me."
I'm wondering if anyone has found or documented standards on how popular links are calculated, for example whether they are total number of clicks or unique visitors. This isn't a public site, so we're less concerned with advertiser conventions than what will product meaningful results for user.

2 Aug 2010 - 1:07pm
Terms:
Erik Gibb

Announcing 2 more keynotes for Interaction11: Bruce Sterling & Richard Buchanan!

Hi IxDA-folk!

We are incredibly pleased to announce our next two invited keynote speakers, both of whom have been pivotal in defining the course of our profession.

Bruce Sterling is an author, journalist, editor, and critic whose nonfiction works include The Hacker Crackdown: Law and Disorder on the Electronic Frontier (1992), Tomorrow Now: Envisioning the Next Fifty Years (2003), and Shaping Things (2005).

2 Aug 2010 - 7:43am
Jan Dittrich

Discount testing techniques and ressources

Hi there,

I am in search for discount methods for usability testing. This will be for teaching students how to make their interaction design ideas real. There are some good ideas out there how to gether requirements via discount methods - but I am looking for ways for testing prototypes etc. Does anybody know good ressources on this topic or has own experiences he/she would like to share?

cheers,
jan

1 Aug 2010 - 11:09pm
Scott McDaniel

Re: [IxDA] Arial vs Vernada?

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 9:42 AM, penguinstorm <skot@penguinstorm.com> wrote:

Helvetica. Arial is an abomination.

I assume you're discussion Verdana in an on screen context. It was specifically designed for that, and not print.
1 Aug 2010 - 11:08pm
NYC IxDA

[Event Reminder] IxDA New York Summer Social at the Shake Shack

Summer's not over. There's still time left to play!

1 Aug 2010 - 5:13pm
3 years ago
3 replies
doubleola

InDesign CS5 for prototyping

I was wondering if anyone has extensive experience with specifically the new Interactive features of InDesign CS5. I am an avid Fireworks user, but I was recently informed that InDesign, in this latest release may be the application to beat. I have played around and found the new object states, animation  (presets only) e.t.c in the Interactive section interesting.

1 Aug 2010 - 12:05pm
mabrown4615

Auto Reply: Re: [IxDA] Arial vs Vernada?

Thank you for your message.

I am out of the office, returning Thur, Aug 5th. If urgent, please contact my manager, Karri Myles @ karri.myles@oracle.com. Otherwise, I will get back to you on Thursday.

Thanks, Margaret