Discussion Archive: August 2010

26 Aug 2010 - 3:04pm
4 years ago
6 replies
Ashley Williams

RE: [IxDA] Is there a formal UCD process?

Hi Alice,

Last year I published a paper titled "User-Centered Design, Activity-Centered Design, and Goal-Directed Design: A Review of Three Methods for Designing Web Applications."

The paper gives an overview of each method's foundations, processes, and key deliverables.

I'd be glad to send you a copy.

26 Aug 2010 - 2:58pm
+1
4 years ago
5 replies
ashetty

UI Library for Web Apps for Touch Devices

Hello All,

My team was researching on UI libraries for designing a Web app for touch devices specifically the iPAD, iPhone and the Android.

One product we landed upon was the Sencha Touch that provides the look and feel which makes web apps look native on the Apple iOS and the Android touchscreen devices.

http://www.sencha.com/products/touch/

I was wondering if anyone has any experience using this framework and if you can share the pros and cons of using it?

26 Aug 2010 - 11:40am
4 years ago
8 replies
Richard Carson

EC: BBVA + IDEO

Hi Folks,

There has been alot of honest constructive crit going on about IDEO's latest project. I've heard alot of what some of the others have said. I am curious what you guys here on the IXDA list have to say.

https://client.ideo.com/bbva/

26 Aug 2010 - 3:16am
+1
4 years ago
11 replies
ptamzz

Designing for iPad

Hello everyone.

I'm designing my first application for ipad and if anyone has got any interesting articles on 'designing for ipad' kindly share it with me here. I would also be very happy if you would share what kind of tools (for both Windows & Mac) you use for preparing wireframes and mockups, specially when you are designing for iPhone or iPad.

25 Aug 2010 - 4:36pm
Jim Kauffman

RE: [IxDA] New rule for posting jobs

I like the job postings, even though I'm not looking for a job. Makes me feel wanted.

Jim K.

> -----Original Message----- > From: ixdaor@host.ixda.org [mailto:ixdaor@host.ixda.org] On > Behalf Of Dave Malouf > Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:36 AM > To: jkauff@verizon.net > Subject: Re: [IxDA] New rule for posting jobs > > Danny, I like the 3-strikes rule. > But the real "strike" is posting to the list at all.

25 Aug 2010 - 3:35pm
jason zietz

[EVENT] IxDA Denver/Boulder Movie Night - Now with Beer! (and wine! and popcorn! and finger foods!)

Just a reminder that IxDA Denver/Boulder will be showing "Objectified" tomorrow night.  Our awesome hosts, Wall Street on Demand, will be providing beer, wine, popcorn, and finger foods.  Also, please note the updated address.  Full details via the link below.  Hope to see you there!

http://www.meetup.com/IxDA-Colorado-Interaction-Design/calendar/14381976/

25 Aug 2010 - 2:24pm
Brian Collins 1

Re: [IxDA] New rule for posting jobs

Yes.

Still, as an eager participant, I find the overall dialog useful – if not inspiring - but the job postings are as annoying as they are misplaced.

People looking for jobs know where to go.

So, I ‘d have a two strikes rule.

People know what they are doing.

Brian

25 Aug 2010 - 12:19pm
4 years ago
7 replies
horvath

A hybrid prototype — the holy grail of wireframing

After reading through Zaki Warfel's Prototyping, I hoped it would shed light on the most effective techniques. It was a very good read and included some invaluable insights on progressively iterating from paper models to high fidelity designs. It's led me to make some assertions about prototyping tools...

25 Aug 2010 - 12:06pm
4 years ago
4 replies
Dorianv

Bulleted lists for web page content: readability

Has anyone out there done any research on the readability of web page content that is formatted mainly with bulleted lists?

I thought I had seen some research studies on this (which I can't find now for some reason), and I know there was a move a few years back which recommended using bulleted content for quick scanability. I personally find the content more difficult to understand with all those bullets, and if it is not in a normal paragraph format.

What are your thoughts? Thanks!

25 Aug 2010 - 7:08am
+1
4 years ago
11 replies
DrWex

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Dave Malouf wrote: > But the real "strike" is posting to the list at all.