Discussion Archive: September 2010

14 Sep 2010 - 11:32pm
4 years ago
6 replies
Terms:
rsatyajit77

ucd process

I have got an oppourtunity to create a UCd process in organisation level. With my current understanding, i comeup with the process diagram , which includes step to follow in each section.

I want some to help me out and valdate this steps mention in ecah section, which  fullfuill the whole UCD process.
Pls correct me where ever i'm going wrong.
I,m attaching the UCD Process DIagram PPT.

UX-Design process.ppt

14 Sep 2010 - 7:48pm
foxjobs

Mobile Graphic Designers (FOXSports.com

FOXSports.com
Mobile Graphic Designer

FOXSports.com is recruiting for a Mobile Designer to be responsible for coordinating and executing look & feel exploration, conceptual and visual development, and final execution of design directions. This position is located in Los Angeles, CA

Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain designs for an array of mobile devices.
• New product design: Create visual mockups and make user interface suggestions and improvements on the FOXSports.com mobile application.

14 Sep 2010 - 6:58pm
Fil Sapienza

Humor for IA and Usability People

For a brief break during the workday, I once posted some humor and satire about the field that was well received. Then the site ended and for awhile the humorous stuff was unavailable. I apologize for this outage. In response to ongoing requests by visitors, the humor has been restored and moved to http://www.filippsapienza.com/blog1/2010/02/02/humorous-writing/  

14 Sep 2010 - 2:47pm
4 years ago
1 reply
eriklevitch

Prototyping Process

All -

I'd like to know what your experiences are with creating a prototype by utilizing an engineer as much as possible during the process. Rather than having the designer produce the prototype, the engineer and the designer would work closely together to flesh out the prototype.

Any thoughts or tips? Is this something you have done before?

Thanks!

14 Sep 2010 - 8:52am
bitpakkit

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] How to best prototype RIAs?

Flash Catalyst? There is a trial on the Adobe site.

(Disclosure: I work in the UX space for Adobe so I may be biased, but I also honestly think it's awesome!)

Ben

On 10-09-14 9:46 AM, "DrWex" wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Sebastian wrote: >> I am searching for a suitable way to prototype a business application which >> will most likely be implemented either using Adobe Flex or Silverlight. > > We've been building in Flex for a couple years and have tried a couple > of prototyping techniques. To be honest, none are satisfying.

14 Sep 2010 - 8:37am
4 years ago
2 replies
Jarod Tang

Re: [IxDA] How to best prototype RIAs?

Flash Catalyst, which seamlessly corporate with FlashBuilder.

Jarod Tang, a happy interaction designer

14 Sep 2010 - 5:28am
4 years ago
1 reply
DrWex

Re: [IxDA] How to best prototype RIAs?

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Sebastian wrote: > I am searching for a suitable way to prototype a business application which > will most likely be implemented either using Adobe Flex or Silverlight.

We've been building in Flex for a couple years and have tried a couple of prototyping techniques. To be honest, none are satisfying. I still use rough pencil sketches for the first go.

14 Sep 2010 - 2:29am
+1
4 years ago
7 replies
Sebastian

How to best prototype RIAs?

Hello,

I am searching for a suitable way to prototype a business application which will most likely be implemented either using Adobe Flex or Silverlight.

The application will probably use such functionalities like drag&drop, calendars to select a specfic date or a date range and several kinds or charts etc.

14 Sep 2010 - 2:10am
4 years ago
3 replies
ekayed

Could you rate those usability metrics?

hey guys, I was trying to rate usability metrics importance, that's my initial estimate, rate urs then post it

• navigation [15%]
  • performance [15%]
  • functionality [15%]
  • error handling [15%]
  • consistancy [10%]
  • visual presentationn [8%]
  • content [7%]
  • help and documentation [5%]
  • branding [5%]
  • accessability [5%]
14 Sep 2010 - 1:49am
ekayed