Discussion Archive: October 2010

6 Oct 2010 - 7:03am
arjanharing

[EVENT] Design for Conversion, 18th of November, New York City

As initiator of Design for Conversion I would like to invite you to our next event in New York the 18th of November.

Christopher Rider

[EVENT] Interactive Spaces - Art, Design & Engineering

Interactive Spaces - Art, Design & Engineering

Join IxDA Los Angeles for an evening of stimulating discussion with six local artists, designers and architects, all of whom are helping to define boundary between art and design. Five brief presentations and a panel discussion on the nature of design, the challenges of the built environment, navigating bureaucracy, and your questions.

This event will fill up FAST, so RSVP at http://www.ixda.org/local/event/27830 now to secure a spot!

5 Oct 2010 - 11:07am
4 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
uxmovement

The Case for Right Aligned Buttons on Long Forms

There are a few ways you can align your button at the bottom of your form. But on multi-page and mult-section forms right aligned buttons work best. The article explains in detail why. Feel free to share your thoughts and knowledge.

Read the article: Why Right Aligned Buttons Work Best for Users on Long Forms

4 Oct 2010 - 7:42pm
4 years ago
3 replies
Eugene Chen

Conference presentation submission deadlines

Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good list of user experience-related conference submission deadlines.

4 Oct 2010 - 5:21pm
4 years ago
5 replies
Molly Lafferty

Camera recommendation for usability lab running Morae

I'm currently setting up a new usability lab which will use Morae.  We need to purchase two new video cameras for both in-lab and off-site recording, and I'm looking for a recommendation for a reasonably priced HD camera (<$700) with FireWire IEEE support.

Thanks for your help!

4 Oct 2010 - 4:06pm
donguy

JOB: Looking for a ROCKSTAR UX Designer!

Musician's Friend is a musician's dream job.

Where else can you use your skills to excel at a career you love with friendly, dedicated co-workers who share a common bond? Music is what defines our lives here, and the attitudes and ambitions of our employees prove this.

It might sound a little corny, but at Musican's Friend we are in the business of making dreams come true – and everyone here, from the mail clerk to our legendary cowbell-playing CEO, takes that mission very seriously.

4 Oct 2010 - 2:20pm
4 years ago
3 replies
scottymac

Any Best Practices for Number of Years documents should be available on a web site?

I'm trying to make some recommendations in order to clean up 15 years worth of documents on a web site. The files are mainly government meeting minutes in word format, which overall is taking up quite the chunk of space. I feel 7 or 8 years would be more then sufficient, but would like to have some best practices or examples to back up what I recommend.

Anyone know of any such documentation or have had to provide similar recommendations?

thanks!
4 Oct 2010 - 1:26pm
4 years ago
1 reply
donguy

What is the standard to use: Security Code, CVV, CVV2, CVC etc.

I'd like to hear others thoughts on what the "Standard" labeling is for having users submit the number on the back of their credit cards. I have seen some sites show an image of the back of a card but I'm more wondering about the verbiage. Do you feel there is a standard out there now for what to use or what others are leaning towards as s standard.

"Security Code", "CVV", "CVV2", "CVC"?

4 Oct 2010 - 11:53am
Danny Hope

Re: [IxDA] Darkpatterns.org is now a wiki

On 4 October 2010 14:37, harrybr wrote: > Well, last week I moved http://darkpatterns.org [1] onto a wiki platform, to > make it into more of a community-driven project.

4 Oct 2010 - 11:51am
Benjamin Barnett

Re: [IxDA] Wireframes. Creative or technical?

Sorry to bring up an old thread ...

But this is an interesting discussion we run into as do all small
businesses competing against larger agencies. We have been
experiencing this force for 12 years+. I would suggest that most
"small business" (freelance / boutique agency) owners would agree at
this stage in the Digital Media business timeline, that this
consolidation / cross-over happened about 6 years ago.