Discussion Archive: October 2010

27 Oct 2010 - 4:58am
3 years ago
6 replies
Terms:
makabde

Personas creation process for online application

Hi all,

I am currently working on personas for my company's online software in order to help us to understand and know in an accurate way our users. For that work I will conduct face to face interviews with selected clients/users

Because our software contains advanced functionality that are not used by all users; I am wondering which process should I adopt in creating these personas.

Should I create 4-5 personas for each feature that we are re-designing or should I work on overall set of personas that will be refined for each feature.

Thanks for your answers

26 Oct 2010 - 6:20pm
3 years ago
13 replies
DerrekRobertson

Ethical? Job Posting on IxDA

// update 1:04 AM WED OCT 27 2010

Thank you to everyone who answered today. Seriously, I really appreciate your mentorship.

Good to hear from Elizabeth Bacon, whose Portland IxDA chapter events I've attended. Thank you also for your simpathy Yvonnia. CWS, Monkeyshine, Christian, Eduardo all raise good points, so here's some clarification in response :

26 Oct 2010 - 5:26pm
+1
3 years ago
1 reply
Juan Ruiz

Estimation process for UX services by hours or by deliverables?

Hello community

Apologies if this is a thread that has existed already, however, I would like to get your input on this.

One thing that we have noticed with clients when they ask for estimates is that they ask the UX team to detail every single action for each activity we suggest to perform (for the proposal), and because of this, the billable hours/days start to pile up and then we ended up with a massive quotation.

The nature of the UX work is not as streamlined as the developers (or even designers) work where they have to write code following a set of directions and with an outcom

26 Oct 2010 - 9:43am
+3
3 years ago
21 replies
Joe Sokohl

The Traceability of Research into Design

In a recent convo on Twitter, Janna DeVylder, Dave Malouf, Steve Baty and I were discoursing about the difficulties of traversing the Research > Design chasm. Some really great thoughts ensued. So, I thought I'd keep the convo going here.

It's a topic I'm keely interested in. Having helped present From Design to Research at Agile '09, and having worked on this for many years, I still realize I have lots to learn.

26 Oct 2010 - 6:49am
3 years ago
1 reply
Nathan

Reminder: Survey on Interaction Design Resources

Please take a moment to answer some questions in this survey if you can.
Thanks.

25 Oct 2010 - 11:30pm
Nathan

Reminder: Survey on Interaction Design Resources

Please take a moment to answer some questions in this survey if you can.
Thanks.

In an attempt to build a list of resources for people new to interaction design, I would appreciate it if you could take this quick survey of common books, websites, organizations, etc. I'm trying to compile these soon so I would appreciate if you could take a few minutes and answer a few questions before the end of this month:

25 Oct 2010 - 8:48pm
NYC IxDA
25 Oct 2010 - 11:57am
3 years ago
1 reply
Navid

Half-point font sizes ok for web pages?

Just thought I'd throw out a question to anyone who knows typography.Is it ok to use half-point sizes for web fonts (e.g Verdana 10.5)?

Does it slow rendering down?  (this would matter to me since we are doing some very high frame rate display on the client).

25 Oct 2010 - 6:30am
Fredrik Matheson

Re: [IxDA] I'm always jealous about continuous income!

I seem to recall that Kayak.com's design was registered/patented by its designer.
Anyone know if that extracted sufficient rents, as they say?

24 Oct 2010 - 11:30pm
NikkiK