Discussion Archive: October 2010

14 Oct 2010 - 3:42pm
3 years ago
1 reply
hassan.schroede...

Re: [IxDA] Can we improve dropdowns?

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 1:33 PM, bojcampbell wrote: > I'm wondering if anyone has employed a hover technique > to a dropdown to show the hidden selections?

Are you sure you're asking the right question? I'd say it's hard to find a site that doesn't use hover to trigger dropdowns...

-- Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder@gmail.com twitter: @hassan

14 Oct 2010 - 1:18pm
3 years ago
13 replies
bojcampbell

Can we improve dropdowns?

Obviously it's documented that dropdowns (select boxes) are difficult to use because they hide the selections from the user and unless the information that will be exposed is extremely intuitive, they will not click on the control to expand it. I'm wondering if anyone has employed a hover technique to a dropdown to show the hidden selections?

14 Oct 2010 - 10:49am
3 years ago
1 reply
Dan Saffer
14 Oct 2010 - 10:16am
Helen Killingbeck

TO SHARE )--)

I understand that a good business website, the above is dazzled by the endless array of beautiful products, a great variety of goods, what interests me is their price, clearance sale, can not see anywhere else. Of course, after I have full communication with their staff, I buy some favorite product. The commitment time, I received my goods. I think it is well worth visiting:difsiz.com 5--)

14 Oct 2010 - 9:04am
+2
Bruno Figueiredo

UXLx Talk Submissions and Discount Code

Hi fellow IxDAers!

Just wanted to invite everyone who's holding on to great research findings or really cool case studies, or even radical new theories in the field of UX and IxD to submit a presentation for UXLx: User Experience Lisbon 2011. This is your chance to present to an international audience of 500 people from all over the world.

14 Oct 2010 - 8:17am
oozcan
13 Oct 2010 - 3:08pm
+1
3 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
uxmovement

How Color Saturation Affects User Efficiency

Colors affect the way we see products, but they also affect the way we vse websites before we even invest our time and energy into the content. Using saturated and desaturated colors correctly on the right user interface elements will help users use your design efficiently and effectively.

Read more: How Color Saturation Affects User Efficiency

13 Oct 2010 - 1:24pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
Dustin Lucier D...

Patent on MegaMenus? !!

Has anyone encountered a run in with Webvention and their "Patent on MegaMenus" and contextual mouseovers?

This seems insane to me. Wondering if anyone has any experience or insight here?

Link to Article: here

Link to Company: here

13 Oct 2010 - 11:10am
Alder Yarrow

JOB: Senior Interaction Designer, Boutique Agency San Francisco

Hello IDxAers,

My company is hiring. Would love to hear from you.

DESCRIPTION HYDRANT (http://www.hydrantsf.com) is looking for an experienced interaction designer / user experience designer to join our team. At HYDRANT interaction designers work closely with clients to define business and user requirements, translate these requirements into design elements and ensure client objectives are satisfied throughout project development.

13 Oct 2010 - 10:55am
Dan Harrelson

JOBS: Design and engineering positions in San Francisco and New York

Hot Studio is a leading experience design company with offices in San Francisco and New York. Dedicated to creating elegant solutions for complex design challenges, we collaborate with business leaders, innovative organizations, and emerging companies to create breakthrough products and services that have global reach and local impact. Our clients include Cisco, Warner Music Group, Palm, eBay, Zinio, Ancestry.com, SFMOMA, and California Academy of Sciences.