Discussion Archive: October 2010

13 Oct 2010 - 6:46am
3 years ago
3 replies
ptamzz

Color theory

Can anyone share me Usability related articles on colors???

Thanks

13 Oct 2010 - 5:51am
+1
Mads Soegaard

A list of conferences/deadlines relevant to our community

Dear all,

[apologies for cross-postings]

I've compiled a list of conferences/deadlines with relevance to our community. I aim to send an updated overview every once in a while.

There's a printerfriendly version for hanging on your wall at

http://www.interaction-design.org/calendar/printerfriendly.html

First, here's a list of popular conferences that are missing.

13 Oct 2010 - 5:51am
Mads Soegaard

A list of conferences/deadlines relevant to our community

Dear all,

[apologies for cross-postings]

I've compiled a list of conferences/deadlines with relevance to our community. I aim to send an updated overview every once in a while.

There's a printerfriendly version for hanging on your wall at

http://www.interaction-design.org/calendar/printerfriendly.html

First, here's a list of popular conferences that are missing.

13 Oct 2010 - 3:36am
mscsmi

Samsung Mobile Innovator officially launches Theme support service

On October 13, 2010, Samsung Mobile Innovator launches its Theme support service and Samsung Theme Designer.

Samsung Theme Designer is an authoring tool for designers and developers to create Theme content for native Samsung mobile phones including bada OS phones. With its release, designers and developers will have the opportunity to create their own themes and distribute them to millions of Samsung Mobile users across the globe via Samsung Apps.

12 Oct 2010 - 10:25pm
NYC IxDA

[Reminder] IxDA New York: Innovation Made Physical: Bodystorming with Dennis Schleicher, Sat. Oct. 16th

Innovation Made Physical: Bodystorming with Dennis Schleicher

12 Oct 2010 - 8:05pm
3 years ago
1 reply
dantemurphy

Experience using or working with Tealeaf?

Does anyone have experience working with or using the software or solutions from Tealeaf [ www.tealeaf.com]?  Please feel free to respond or contact me off-list at dmurphy at digitashealth dot com.

12 Oct 2010 - 5:39pm
3 years ago
3 replies
DrWex

Design patterns for before/after?

I need to prepare a (Web) presentation to show changes done as part of a redesign. The format will be Image A (before) vs Image B (after). Because of the detail involved it is not feasible to shrink the images down to a size where they can conveniently be shown side-by-side.

I have thought of two other patterns that might be used, and wondered what people thought of them or might have other suggestions.

1. I can present the images stacked, one above the other. This gives at least some visibility to both at the same time, but requires scrolling.
12 Oct 2010 - 4:47pm
+1
jonesabi

[EVENT] That Resonates with Me! How to Change the World One Presentation at a Time

Please join us tonight at PARC in Palo Alto for the October BayCHI program. Pioneering presentation innovator Nancy Duarte, CEO of Duarte Design, will demonstrate how to apply the methods in her book resonate: Presenting Visual Stories That Transform Audiences, to build meaningful connections with audiences that compel them to action.

12 Oct 2010 - 11:29am
grignani

Come help shape the new CCA IxD program!

We're starting a new undergraduate Interaction Design program at CCA in 2011, chaired 

12 Oct 2010 - 2:40am
+1
5 weeks ago
13 replies
Florian Fiechter

Shop as guest. Proceed without loging in.

In recent usability testing of an e-commerce site in Sweden we confirmed the low motivation of signing up for an account. We worked on the problem and brainstormed a solution to “shop as a guest”.

One of the stakeholders is concerned about fraud and swindles, especially writing a wrong email address which we need for order confirmation. Some wrong person would get a confirmation about an order which he/she has not placed and contact the media about our uncontrolled customer data.

Any of you got advice or experience with this?