Discussion Archive: November 2010

29 Nov 2010 - 11:09am
Leisa Reichelt

UK UX Freelancers Survey

The UK UPA recently released a Salary Survey that included a tiny overview of freelancers day rates and ‘salary satisfaction’. (The survey was published in the UX supplement of the recent New Media Age, although UK UPA have since advised me that this is not the 'official' report)

29 Nov 2010 - 10:24am
3 years ago
2 replies
Michele Marut

Building an Icon Library

Background
Our UX team is embarking on building a cross-company icon library, essentially a
web-based UI to a database so that developers can download icons from

25 Nov 2010 - 5:24am
4 years ago
2 replies
Ali Naqvi

Visualizing a Competency Profile

Hello people,

my task is to visualize a "Competency Profile" which will be presented to the users after answerings several questions about experience, personality, wishes etc., on a job bank.

I am no graphic designer and have struggling with this.

I have attached an example of how this COULD look like.

Could anyone please help me by commenting on this one or attach a better design than this one?

regards

Ali

24 Nov 2010 - 8:11am
Terms:
Matt Nish-Lapidus

IxDA.org will be down for 15-30 minutes at 10AM MNT

Hi Everybody,

This is a notice to let you all know that there will be 15 - 30 minutes of downtime today in order to run some system updates. These updates will hopefully help the threading issues on the discussions, but we're not totally sure.

The site will be down from approximately 10AM MNT (12PM EST) to 10:30AM MNT.

Thanks!

Matt & the IxDA Board

24 Nov 2010 - 6:01am
4 years ago
4 replies
bitpakkit

Re: [IxDA] Malicious User Interfaces

darkpatterns.org

On 10-11-23 10:54 PM, "interactive fiction" wrote:

> Some time back I picked up a PDF on malicious interfaces. I've attached the > PDF to this post for reference. Basically, it's the use of UI design to > effectively coerce the user into considering material (ads, etc) that they > don't want to deal with, or to create an outcome that may run counter to what > the user actually wants to do. > > It's not something that I've found a lot of research on. The PDF I've > attached is one publication.

24 Nov 2010 - 3:22am
tnarayan

Re: [IxDA] Sharing good and bad examples of interaction design?

Hi Sani

Its good idea,

I wish to express my thought with this, long back i  had idea to create a site where every week we promote a site ( which is most popular & used ) and find what problem people face for a given goals/tasks to achieve. This valuable data can be used their improvement.

Kind Regards
Narayanan

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Sani Elfishawy <sani@trymyui.com> wrote:

23 Nov 2010 - 11:10pm
alapshah
23 Nov 2010 - 9:39pm
4 years ago
3 replies
interactive fiction

Malicious User Interfaces

Some time back I picked up a PDF on malicious interfaces. I've attached the PDF to this post for reference. Basically, it's the use of UI design to effectively coerce the user into considering material (ads, etc) that they don't want to deal with, or to create an outcome that may run counter to what the user actually wants to do.