Discussion Archive: November 2010

6 Nov 2010 - 2:46pm
3 years ago
10 replies
obeyux

What makes designers frustrated?

What makes you so frustrated?
Bad compensation? Copycat?  no promotion?  Super fast trends? Softwares? Please share your experiences.

6 Nov 2010 - 1:37pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Nils-Erik Gustafsson

Re: [IxDA] What makes an application feel fast?

Two factors were identified in a study several years ago (sorry, don't remember the reference):

1) The perceived complexity of an operation influences the user's expectations.

6 Nov 2010 - 12:33pm
3 years ago
4 replies
Simon Raess

What makes an application feel fast?

I'm looking for any resources available on (perceived) user interface responsiveness. Any methods, studies, measures, factors, thoughts and comments are very welcome!

6 Nov 2010 - 10:59am
hassan.schroede...

Re: [IxDA] Retype password field error rates

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 7:16 AM, James Page wrote:

> .... That will be site > dependent, as user will use harder password if the site is storing more > secure data.

Is that an opinion or based on research? Is so, do you have a pointer to that research?

TIA,

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder@gmail.com twitter: @hassan

6 Nov 2010 - 10:39am
+1
sanjaytripathi

India HCI 2011 : 3rd International Conference on Human Computer Interaction "India HCI 2011", Bangalore, 8-11 April, 2011

International Conference on Human Computer Interaction India HCI is the leading conference being organized annually in the different cities of India.

5 Nov 2010 - 4:48pm
3 years ago
4 replies
cnordling

Retype password field error rates

If I have a 'password' field and a 'retype password' field, how many users will type in mismatching passwords?

Does anyone know a typical error rate?

I need to know this so I can reliably determine how many users got other errors in the password fields due to password rules (not long enough, old password, etc.)

Thanks!

5 Nov 2010 - 8:41am
3 years ago
2 replies
Brett Christenson

User Survey to get feedback

I was thinking about using our customer survey to get information on UX issues and possibly identify where applications are stronger or weaker than competitors. I have taken a number of surveys but never created any so if anyone has any advice I greatly appreciate it.

4 Nov 2010 - 1:44pm
3 years ago
1 reply
biswas

Sr. Visual Designer

We are looking for an experienced Visual Designer for our client in San Jose Area.

Must have previous experience working with cross functional teams and a background in a documentation heavy environment.

This is a 6 months contract, if you are interested please send me an email to bitan.biswas@modis.com

Steph Rymer

User Friendly 2010 - UPA China's 7th Annual UX Conference. Nanjing, China (12th - 14th Nov)

User Friendly 2010, whose theme is  “Embracing Asian Culture”, is UPA China’s  seventh annual UX conference. It will take place in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, from Nov 12th - 14th, 2010.

Over the past decade, UX has been gradually gaining recognition throughout Asia. Although it is still a relatively new term in the region, Asian businesses are now beginning to see the importance of good usability, and the UX market is steadily maturing.

3 Nov 2010 - 4:47pm
3 years ago
10 replies
Terms:
gthomas10

Ecom Beta Site

Has anyone ever participated in a ecom site redesign where you created a beta environment that runs parallel to AND is accessible by users from the existing site?

The two environments would have the same functionalities and allow people to complete all the same tasks but Beta would have the new UI.  (Not an A/B situation. A completely functioning different version of the site.)

Users could try the beta environment but would always have the option to ‘eject’ from Beta and return to the ‘old’ UI.