Discussion Archive: November 2010

1 Nov 2010 - 8:22pm
rkeeves

Android Usability

Hi, I'm looking for some information on android usability.  Specifically, I'm curious about how successful the basic navigation of android devices are using the back, option, home and search buttons.  Some device manufacturers choose to modify the standard android navigation framework for their products and remove standard android buttons.  I'm not sure if device manufacturers are doing this because they believe standard android is inadequate and they need to fix it or they are just looking for a way to differentiate.

1 Nov 2010 - 6:41pm
+1
IxDA Board of D...

IxDA's new job board is live

We're happy to announce that IxDA's new job board, powered by Coroflot, is live:  http://ixda.coroflot.com

1 Nov 2010 - 6:24pm
tonyzeoli

Share your ideas on ReeseNews.org site navigation - be the critic!

Hi everyone:

I've been pretty silent on the list for the last 6 months. I was working out some issues with my consulting business, but then got a job offer as Lead Developer in the Reese Felts Digital Newsroom at UNC Chapel Hill.

1 Nov 2010 - 4:15pm
Brian Mila

RE: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Coming soon: IxDA's new job board, powered by Coroflot

We're ads considered and rejected? Or are non-profit .org's not allowed to use ads? I don't know, I'm just asking.

> The organization needs money. There > are > several ways it can get it: > > 1) Charge for membership and lock the mailing list. > 2) Charge for a premium membership with access to additional stuff > like the > job board. > 3) Increase the cost of its one money-making venture (the conference). > 4) Do as we've done in the past and do pledge drives. (These are > moderately > successful.) > 5) Charge for access to our user base.

1 Nov 2010 - 3:23pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Neil Pradhan
1 Nov 2010 - 1:56pm
3 years ago
1 reply
nonzens

Adobe Rome - Whats the big idea?

I have looked at the first preview of Adobe ROME and I'm begining to ask as to what is Adobe trying to do by launching this project?

Adobe Rome
http://rome.adobe.com/

1 Nov 2010 - 7:53am
brianh

Re: [IxDA] How to Engage Users Instantly When They Enter Your Website

Some excellent points, Eugene. I would take this a step further and say that it appears that the site is intentionally trying to be deceptive. I posted a comment to one of the articles asking to see the research that lead to the author's conclusions and, several weeks later, the comment has yet to be approved. I think the owner of the site either needs to post some legitimate contact and qualification info or take the site down. In the meantime, I think I'm going to start a website for physicians. "I'm not an actual doctor, but I play one of the web..."