Discussion Archive: December 2010

20 Dec 2010 - 12:04pm
3 years ago
3 replies
wselman

Job Posting - User Experience Designer - Chicago, IL

Our growing technology consulting company seeks to expand our user experience practice. We're looking for a mid-to-senior level user experience designer with a focus on user-centered design. An ideal candidate also has a strong interest in and experience with user research.

This is an excellent opportunity for a designer who would like to have an significant influence on the development, process and philosophy of a practice.  Requirements:

* 3 - 5 years experience as an information architect, interaction designer, or experience designer (or similar role)

20 Dec 2010 - 10:52am
+1
3 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
annie lam

Comments - Best Ways To Encourage Them?

Hey There,

I wanted to get everyone's experience and ideas on the best way to encourage comments. We've recently moved to Disqus but have seen the number of comments from our users decrease.

If you have examples of sites that facilitate and encourage comments well, they would be greatly appreciated - whether it's a media site or not. Just looking to get inspired.

Or if you have or are using Disqus (and have some feedback on things that worked or better products), please let me know too.

Thank you in advance,

Annie

20 Dec 2010 - 8:50am
3 years ago
2 replies
ravishyam

Healthcare-Usability Test Participants and Recruitment agencies for US region

Greetings!Need recommendations on Usability Test Participant recruitment for US region. Any pointers towards a reliable recruitment agency and guidance in selecting participants is highly appreciated.

We are looking for the below listed user representatives:

• Physicians
  • Nurse and Nurses Aids
  • Pathologists
  • Lab Technicians
  • Front office executives or Registration clerks
  • Billing Supervisors

best regards-Ravishyam

20 Dec 2010 - 8:11am
3 years ago
2 replies
ravishyam

Healthcare-CCHIT Usability Evaluation

Hi All,We were planning to go for CCHIT usability evaluation for a Ambulatory EMR

20 Dec 2010 - 7:08am
3 years ago
2 replies
adityadipankar

Animation & Motions in Mobile User interface

I'm working on a project that has to do with Animations and motions for the mobile. I've gone thru the principles of animation by Disney and a lot of content on User Interfaces and Animation but have not really found any resources that are completely or almost completely dedicated to animations for mobile. Anyone aware of anything in this context? Would be a great help! Aditya pixelguy.in
18 Dec 2010 - 2:27pm
Dave Malouf

Student Competition still taking submissions till Tue!!!

Hey! I found out this weekend that the student competition is still taking submissions. The submission method is not very difficult and you got till Tuesday to submit. Go for it!

http://interaction.ixda.org/student.php

18 Dec 2010 - 12:41pm
Dan Saffer

National Design Award Nominations

National Design Awards (USA) have nominations open until January 10, 2011.

http://www.cooperhewitt.org/nda/nominate/

Nominate your favorite interaction designer or firm, lifetime achievement winner, or writer on design topics.

Dan

18 Dec 2010 - 10:31am
3 years ago
6 replies
uxmovement

A Web Design Process That Makes Sense

I've looked at a lot of process charts in my life and a lot of them seem very confusing, impractical and airy-fairy. I decided to map out the design process that I follow and that I believe in. It's simple, practical and easy to follow. It contains all the steps needed to successfully build a website. A journey would not be a journey without its twists and turns, so this design process is meant to guide you along your way, and of course, is not the only way to arrive at your destination. But for me, it's been the best way, so far at least.

17 Dec 2010 - 3:29pm
3 years ago
3 replies
Terms:
morville

Google Mini / Site Search

I'm helping a client to select a new search engine for a web site with less than 1,000 pages. Google Mini and Google Site Search are a couple of leading candidates. One concern I have about Google Mini is that without PageRank (and other social data), the quality of result ranking will suffer relative to Google Site Search.