Discussion Archive: December 2010

16 Dec 2010 - 11:42am
4 years ago
1 reply
lizzfizz

Creating Robust Taxonomies

I wanted to follow up on Shara's posting about creating taxonomies. 

I just joined a new company and one of my first projects is to improve the search experience, most likely by implementing a faceted search.

16 Dec 2010 - 9:46am
4 years ago
7 replies
kishansalian

Suggestions needed for recruiting usability participants

Hello everyone,

Im a student pursuing my msc in interaction design in uk. I have got a evaluation project for my module and it falls exactly during christmas holidays. I cannot afford paying recruitment agency fees and  finding it hard to get some users for testing and evaluation. Please suggest me some tips how can i go about finding and recruiting users? 

Thanks in advance.

Kishan

16 Dec 2010 - 9:35am
4 years ago
3 replies
mkazarka

Embedding Interaction Technology

Hi Everyone,

what do you think about interaction design / technology embedded in everyday objects? Touchscreens in tables, pillows, walls.

I believe that for a technology to be adapted by larger masses you first need to go the way of integrating it into something that people already know and are confortable with - in a way that you don't disturb the usage of the (host) object itself.

16 Dec 2010 - 9:28am
mwhite

Sr. UX, Architect Design, CNN.com

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

15 Dec 2010 - 6:51pm
4 years ago
3 replies
stewartmccoy
criscravens

Job Opening - Senior Experience Planner

Bridge Worldwide in Cincinnati, OH, is hiring a Sr. Experience Planner  Seeking UX experts w/ a passion for UCD & making a difference

15 Dec 2010 - 1:27pm
4 years ago
5 replies
Michelle Bacigalupi

Best of Class Sign Up / Sign In Flows?

Hi,

Pinging the collective wisdom of the group.

We get to redesign the sign up experience and have the opportunity to faciliate user engagement. I appreciate thoughts, pointers to sites you think creates a great user experience. This is for a SaaS product.

Thanks!

Michelle

15 Dec 2010 - 11:06am
Pieter Walsweer

[JOB] Freelance Interaction Designer at GameDuell (Berlin, Germany)

Hi everybody,

We are looking for an experienced freelance Interaction Designer for our upcoming redesign project. You’ll work closely in a diverse and passionate team of product managers and visual designers to build and extend our website to create an entertaining and rewarding user experience. 

# What we expect

15 Dec 2010 - 6:51am
4 years ago
1 reply
Rhonda Ranney

Re: [IxDA] buy zocor

Can anything be done about this? This person needs to be BLOCKED....

Apparently they think designers need a variety of drugs....lol

On Dec 15, 2010 6:03 AM, "darciNlugo" <pat.riciach.affey@gmail.com> wrote:

14 Dec 2010 - 7:07am
28 weeks ago
4 replies
interactive fiction

Any thoughts on "Art of Interactive Design" by Chris Crawford?

So it turns out that I have a discount coupon for nostarch.com, an online bookseller. I look at their site and come across "The Art of Interactive Design" by Chris Crawford. So, has anyone read this book? Is it worth picking up?