Discussion Archive: December 2010

7 Dec 2010 - 3:51pm
3 years ago
5 replies
Ali Naqvi

Affinity diagram method VS expert reading of data

Hello,

in order to analyze contextual inquiry data either affinity diagrams can be created (together with a group of people) or an expert reading of the data can be made. 

I am the only user experience consultant hired so far and most of the other consultants are hard core developers. I have decided to analyze the collected data, in a more traditional kind of analysis. (expert reading)

When more UCD practitioners are hired, I would like to start using the affinity diagram method. 

7 Dec 2010 - 3:21pm
3 years ago
7 replies
MattSoave

Robust Flowcharts in Adobe CS?

I've been working as an interaction designer for less than a year (student, interning) and have struggled with finding a good tool to use for creating product flows.  Programs like Fireworks and Flash Catalyst are great for making clickable prototypes.  And programs like Visio are decent for creating flowcharts showing the overall organization of an application.  But the two remain largely separated.

7 Dec 2010 - 2:21pm
+1
Bruno Figueiredo

Reminder: UX Lx Talk Submissions end Dec 15

Hi.

Just a friendly reminder that the UX Lx: User Experience Lisbon lightning talk submissions end on 15 December 2010. So, if you're holding onto great research findings or itching to share your groundbreaking ideas before an international audience of your peers, now is your chance:

http://www.ux-lx.com/opensubmit.php

I'd love to see a lot of submissions coming from you guys!

More info about the event: http://www.ux-lx.com

7 Dec 2010 - 12:39pm
3 years ago
2 replies
cneiweem

OptimalSort vs UserZoom - How do they compare?

We are looking for an online card sorting tool and have recently had the opportunity to try UserZoom at my company. We found that UserZoom had many drawbacks that, given the cost, makes it less than ideal for our purposes.

7 Dec 2010 - 12:39pm
3 years ago
5 replies
cneiweem

OptimalSort vs UserZoom - How do they compare?

We are looking for an online card sorting tool and have recently had the opportunity to try UserZoom at my company. We found that UserZoom had many drawbacks that, given the cost, makes it less than ideal for our purposes.

7 Dec 2010 - 5:29am
ivandervaeren

e-Commerce Telco Triple/Quadruple play

Hi there,

I'm currently reviewing a telco online shopping website and I'm faced with several issues here.

7 Dec 2010 - 2:55am
3 years ago
4 replies
Kumud

Arabic website

I am working on a project in which we need to design website which will be in English, French and Arabic. 
The challenge we face is that Arabic is read from right to left instead of left to right. Has anyone worked on any such website ? Are there any particular usability norms that need to be followed for such mirrored websites ?

Thanks,

Kumud BihaniCEO, Codez IT Solutions
Email  : kumud@umich.edu

6 Dec 2010 - 5:49pm
Terms:
Anindita

Whitepaper Ideas

Hi,

Im looking to write a whitepaper on any user experience/ interaction design/HCI oriented topic. With so many possible options, I am quite confused as to what would a good idea. Any one with ideas who would like to co-author with me on this whitepaper?

Do let me know!

Thanks!!

6 Dec 2010 - 4:32pm
3 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
uxmovement

A Better Grid System to Design on

Some of you might be using the 960 grid system or some other grid system to do your designs. I just wanted to share with you a grid system that has worked really well for me. The 970 grid system is 970 pixels wide, the ideal maximum width for 1024x768 screens and up. It also loses the extra gutters on the ends of the grid allowing you to line things up to the edges of your website. It also uses smaller gutters making your margin whitespace look and feel better. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this system. Thanks.

6 Dec 2010 - 11:47am
3 years ago
4 replies
DeHui

Any UX Community in Milwaukee Area

Hi all,

I recently moved to Milwaukee. I would love to network with local UX people and contribute to the community. Is there an IxDA or UPA Milwaukee chapter? Where do I find events and activities information?