Discussion Archive: January 2011

26 Jan 2011 - 8:21am
+1
3 years ago
3 replies
Terms:
Dave Malouf

"There is no [IxD]" -- neo (why it doesn't matter)

I'm only creating this thread b/c people in another thread started talking about it, and that thread was a completely different topic. The article reference is a post I made on my blog that you can find here: http://davemalouf.com/

The thread that was accidentally hijacked is here: http://www.ixda.org/node/29178

26 Jan 2011 - 3:14am
marekp

[Event] 2-for-1 on MEX tickets. 1 day left to register.

The 9th international MEX (http://pmn.co.uk/mex/) is in London on 4th - 5th May 2011.  It will once again bring together the leading minds in mobile user experience to learn, network and create new ideas.

This is a reminder our 2-for-1 early bird offer on MEX tickets expires on 27th January 2011: buy 1 ticket and we'll give you another 1 for a colleague, client or partner.

There's never been a better time to share the MEX experience.

25 Jan 2011 - 1:23pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Nickgould

Lessons for IxDA from MeetUp?

In this interview, Scott Heiferman of MeetUp.com discusses the company's decision to begin charging the meetup organizers a monthly fee to use the site.

25 Jan 2011 - 12:00pm
Amanda Nance

Principal Interaction DesignerPrincipal Interaction Designer job at Sage - Atlanta, GA

This opportunity includes flexible work hours! If you live inside the perimeter, you will have a reverse commute, so don’t worry about traffic. We are a 30-minute drive from Buckhead.

Overview: Sage is working on a number of new and exciting projects for small businesses involving development of a cloud service/SAAS Solution! If you have a passion for user-centered design, this position is for you! We are seeking an experienced Interaction Designer to work on a fun, collaborative team on a web-based application.

25 Jan 2011 - 10:27am
3 years ago
3 replies
wicked7578

high quality web video

hi all,

i was wondering if anyone knows about how to create high quality web videos as shown here:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/thecompanymen/

thanks!

25 Jan 2011 - 9:52am
Sylvie DAUMAL

[EVENT] Next UX Paris Event - February 15th

What: User Experience and Brand by Rémy Bourganel (in French)
When: 8pm, Tuesday, February 15th, 2011

Lakshmanan Laks...

JOB: Interaction Designer, Shanghai, Fulltime

Autodesk is looking for a Product Designer / Interaction Designer in Shanghai.

Key Requirements:

• User Interface design experience
  • Knowledge of prototyping tools
  • Exposure to Instrumentation, Electrical, Mechanical or any Engineering domain is desirable
  • Exposure to CAD software is desirable

Non-Chinese speaking candidates are welcome too.

24 Jan 2011 - 11:54pm
3 years ago
5 replies
Terms:
Dave Malouf

MIX11 Open Call Voting is open 2 big IxDA folks to vote for

<plug>

Yup! i'm going to do it. Just like people did for SxSW, I'm going to do it here too.

Myself and Kevin Silver (2 people who have put a ton of sweat into ixDA over the years) have talks that need your votes in order to be presented at Microsoft's annual MIX event (#mix11). This is an event that is a great space for us to push IxD into the developer community. There are other talks that fill that space as well, so take a look after you vote for me and Kevin. Here are direct links to our talks.

24 Jan 2011 - 11:48pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Melvin Jay Kumar

Looking for User Experience professionals based in Singapore

Hello All,

Apologies for the cross posting.

I am looking for user experience professionals based in Singapore for the organization I am working in.

Company Info: The company is an American MNC and you will be working in a global team.

You should have an education and/ or experience in any of the user experience fields such as :

a) Information Architecture,
b) Human Factors,
c) HCI,
d) Interaction Design
e) related others....

24 Jan 2011 - 9:34pm
3 years ago
3 replies
Justin Davis

Local UX Group Activities - What Do You Do?

For those of you who participate in local UX groups, what kind of activities do you do at your meetings? Our local group has done UX Show and Tell (which was great), and we're looking for other programming ideas for helping get the community more engaged on a regular basis.

This seems like it'd be a great resource for IXDA. A list of programming ideas for local group meetings seems as if it would help spur more local UX group activity.  Does anything like this exist yet?

Thanks for any ideas ya'll have.