22 Jan 2011 - 4:58pm
3 years ago
4 replies
Eric Perret

Handling website timeout errors

I have been asked to work on a website that star

22 Jan 2011 - 4:44pm
jason zietz

Coming to Interaction '11? Thinking about going to graduate school?

If so, I'd highly recommend checking out the University of Colorado at Boulder while you're here.  If you let me know your background and what you're interested in studying, I can point you in the right direction of who to see/where to look on campus, but for starters there's some great work interaction-related work being done in both the CS (http://www.cs.colorado.edu/) and ATLAS (http://www.colorado.edu/atlas/) departments.

21 Jan 2011 - 8:14pm
Josh Damon Williams

Congratulations to the winners of the Microsoft IxD11 passes!

At last! The winners of the @microsoft IxD11 conference pass give-away: Aurea de Souza, James R. L. Martin & Juan Rafael Lopez. Congratulations to you all, and see you in Boulder! 

More details about the contest:
http://www.ixda.org/interaction/news/2011/01/congratulations-to-the-winners-of-the-microsoft-reg-giveaway/

Josh Damon Williams
Co-marketing chair for Interaction11
@joshdamon
@ixdconf

21 Jan 2011 - 4:45am
3 years ago
2 replies
Louise Hewitt

Quick primer in right-to-left pages

Hi all,

Sorry to cross post, but I'm up against it and want to learn as much as I can about UX for right-to-left languages as I can, as quick as possible.

I'm pretty sound on general IA processes and principles, but I've never worked a right-to-left site before, and I have a project that needs to be delivered globally.

Translation's not an issue, nor is the site architecture.

What I don't know is about page layout issues, interaction elements and classic pitfalls for right-to-left.

Any good leads or experience you'd be willing to share?

I'm happy to collate and blog the resou

21 Jan 2011 - 4:23am
3 years ago
6 replies
tgodding

Persona validation & development

Hi there

I'm running a session with stakeholders to validate and develop the work I've been doing on a set of Personas. I just wondered if anyone had any experience of this & any ideas for how to get the most out of an hour session. I'm going to present the personas and explain how I got there initially but this is pretty dry & I'd really like to get them engaged and empathising. I think developing stories and scenarios around the characters would be the way forward but any ideas for how to do this in a workshop setting - exercises etc?

TG

20 Jan 2011 - 5:32pm
+1
3 years ago
46 replies
Nickgould

Life-changing Products / User Experiences?

All

I'm working on a list of products, features, or experiences that have made a significant impact on users' daily lives in some form or fashion. Not necessarily huge / dramatic, life-changing differences, but small shifts in service or process that brought a new efficiency, eliminated barriers, or facilitated new engagements or interactions in a way that lifted your quality of life. Things like: 

20 Jan 2011 - 2:26pm
3 years ago
5 replies
qbi11y

Business of Design

All,
I am interested in pursuing a Masters degree in Business. I would like a program that has a high regard for design in the business world. Can anyone point to programs that would allow me to get a MBA with a concentration on design/design strategy in business.

Thanks,
James

20 Jan 2011 - 11:54am
3 years ago
3 replies
Kenneth Vella

seo text/banners

Is there away to hide SEO text in code instead of creating banners on a page.

Example:
http://www.petcarerx.com/pcrx/ProductPages/Dogs/CategoryPages/Carriers.aspx

Thank you

19 Jan 2011 - 11:56pm
3 years ago
4 replies
Terms:
Dave Malouf

What's next in my learning and how do I get it?

I thought I'd get people talking about what it is they are looking to learn and where they are hoping to learn it kinda question.

There's a lot of formal EDU in IxD being created all around the world, but obviously, not everyone can jump into a 1-2yr program. So my question is what do you think you need to learn to be a better practitioner of IxD and how do you want to learn it?

-- dave