Discussion Archive: January 2011

17 Jan 2011 - 1:54pm
Terms:
Archana Thiagarajan

Seeking Interaction 11 tickets

Looking for tickets to the Interaction 11 conference. Anyone out there who has a ticket, unable to make it but willing to transfer?

Thank you
Archana

17 Jan 2011 - 4:56am
+1
3 years ago
4 replies
Sean Pook

Relocating to Europe - Visas and sponsorship explained + great opportunity

For those who have read on the site - apologies, repost due to email list being down.

Hello everyone,

Happy New Year to you all.

So then, as part of my job I speak to hundreds of folks based in the EU who ask if I have roles for them in the US or Canada etc, and vice versa. My answer is invariably no, not due to a lack of opportunities, but due to the lack of the candidate having a correct work visa or the hiring firm not sponsoring said visas.

16 Jan 2011 - 3:35pm
+3
3 years ago
3 replies
Terms:
Joe Sokohl

New Anti-Spam measures for IxDA.org

Thanks to efforts of Matt Nish-Lapidus and the folks at GVS, we now have some great anti-spam measures in place.

16 Jan 2011 - 2:58pm
3 years ago
3 replies
Tasha D

Checkout processes

Currently I'm working on checkout processes in online shopping, if you are aware of some e-commerce sites which provides some great user experience or interactions, I would love getting your input and ideas.

Thanks in advance ___ Tasha

15 Jan 2011 - 9:48am
Terms:
Dave Malouf

What do you think of conference give-aways?

Help the IxD12 committee make some good design decisions. interaction 12 | Dublin is well on its way to being organized and we want to make sure we meet all your expectations. if you can help us with the issue of physical give-aways I'd be greatly appreciative. There is even a question in here for prospective sponsors to let us know what they think.

1st 100 get their opinion considered: http://twtpoll.com/de44ip

-- dave
@daveixd
http://davemalouf.com/

14 Jan 2011 - 2:28pm
+1
3 years ago
23 replies
Damon Dimmick

Putting your eggs in one basket: What single prototyping tool to learn.

Fellow IXDers,

A question I keep running up against from colleagues and friends in the field: If I only have time to learn one technology to help enhance my IxD practices (such as basic wireframing), which one should it be?

14 Jan 2011 - 2:15pm
2 years ago
30 replies
dantemurphy

Is the e-mail list dead?

I know there was a lot of hubub over the future of IxDA, and some calls for the death of the email list...was sentence carried out?  I haven't gotten an IxDA email in days, but it looks like there are new threads...

I think it's symptomatic of a larger problem...I still feel connected to the people I know in IxDA, mostly through twitter, but I no longer feel connected to the org, and I'm not sure I'm interested in going looking for it on Quora.

So, I'll give it a try...

Is there anybody out there?  Am I just shouting into the void?

14 Jan 2011 - 11:41am
3 years ago
17 replies
Preston McCauley

Looking for an updated college list that offer Masters In Interaction Design / HCD - Etc..

I've been searching high and low for a good list of colleges that offer an all Online Only Masters in the UX, UI, Interaction design field.  

Anyone know of or have a list? There was one on here at one time but it doesn't seem to be update.

Thanks!

Also -  I updated my password on the IXDA site, and noticed that it violates the first rule of forms in regards to password. It didn't tell me I couldn't use special characters. Took me several times to get updated, before I just guessed that was the reason it was blowing.

13 Jan 2011 - 5:02pm
3 years ago
3 replies
eriklevitch

Personalized Dashboard: Widgets & Modules

All -

I am designing a portal that allows the user to add mutiple widgets/modules to their personalized dashboard. I've done extensive user research, but I am unsure if the widgets/modules should be pre-populated with data. The argument against this is the widgets/modules are highly customizable to the point where it is hard to predict what a particular user type needs in each widget/module.

13 Jan 2011 - 1:08pm
Hemanth

What factors you consider in evaluating UX initiatives?

Hi,

As IA/UXUsability guys, We often face the situations of making decisions whether to implement new initiative or strike it off.

Ex: redesigning of an existing application, making your site compatible with mobile/handheld devices, implementing web 2.0/RIA style of interaction etc..

I'm interested in knowing how the IxDA community evaluates such new initiatives.

Please share your thoughts, any references to online resources.

Thanks in advance.

Hemanth