Discussion Archive: March 2011

19 Mar 2011 - 6:54am
3 years ago
1 reply
orbi

UIUXer landed in newyork for the day, suggestions for what to see?

Just in new York for the day and wondered if there were any must see design related stuff in newyork? Thought you guys would be a good hit. Orbi
18 Mar 2011 - 6:14am
Shaun Bergmann

[EVENT] Interaction 11 RedUX! - March 28, 2011 in Vancouver, BC

Weren't able to attend Interaction11 in Boulder?

On Monday, March 28th, join us at The Network Hub for a lively discussion about the Interaction11 experience. The event starts at 6:00pm.  We'll have a series of reviews/insights/reactions/inspirations from those that were in attendance and leave plenty of time for inquiry from those that were unable to attend.
17 Mar 2011 - 11:21am
3 years ago
1 reply
interactive fiction

Short Video Production for Internet Workshop

So my company is starting to look in the direction of online video and I've been asked to sign up for the following:

http://www.marketingcommunities.org/events/event_login.asp?id=145582

The workshop is titled "Short Video Production for the Internet". It's open to non-members for $40 and takes place in El Segundo, CA. I'm passing this information along in case anyone is interested or has some experience with this workshop.

16 Mar 2011 - 9:12am
3 years ago
13 replies
janasedivy

usability of rollover buttons

Hi there,

Is anyone out there aware of any research that looks into the usability of rollover states on clickable buttons/tabs/images?

The google searches that I've been finding mostly just take it as a given that rollovers are better.  I'm just wondering if there is any evidence to support/discredit this?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

- Jana

15 Mar 2011 - 9:50am
3 years ago
3 replies
classmadog

What is the problem worth studying in location-based services?

I am a senior student. Recently, I need to decide my thesis topics. I am intrested in location-based services (LBS). So, I need to know the problems you have ever encountered about LBS applications such as foursquare gowalla and so on. And it will be better if the problem belongs to user reseach. If you have some questions or suggestions, show me. Thanks.
15 Mar 2011 - 8:48am
Alexis Brion

Starting a new local chapter in Europe?

If you are trying to create a new local chapter in Europe, you might want to join the IxDA European Leader Network, which is the platform we are using in Europe to share information among the local leaders. There you will find information on how to start, legal issues, how to spread the word and more.

Contact us to join: interact@ixda.eu

More info: http://ixda.eu/

15 Mar 2011 - 7:27am
3 years ago
1 reply
Powers

Adapting Agile User Stories to role based application design

How do you handle writing user stories for system that contain numerous roles that have different permissions? It seem that when adding roles to system, the number of user stories is multiplied by the number of roles to address differences in every interaction. 

14 Mar 2011 - 4:46pm
Christopher Rider

[EVENT] Interaction 11 Redux - March 22, 2011 in Santa Monica

Couldn't make it to Interaction 11, the annual IxDA conference in Boulder?

Join IxDA Los Angeles for a recap of the speakers, events and learnings from members who attended:

• excerpts from the keynote speeches
  • observations from the audience
  • an overview of the speaker selection process (nudge: anyone want to speak at ixd12 in Dublin?)

Plus, there will be a selection of tasty treats and wine/beer courtesy of our gracious sponsors, Yahoo User Experience and Onward Search