Discussion Archive: March 2011

13 Mar 2011 - 10:10am
Jim Kalbach

[EVENT] Early Bird Reminder: UX Workshops in Sydney (28-29 April 2011) with James Kalbach

This is a reminder that there are only a few weeks left for the early bird price for UX Workshops I'll be holding in Sydney at the end of April. Participation is limited on a first-come, first-serve basis. See details below.

12 Mar 2011 - 8:11am
3 years ago
2 replies
nomeaning

Why Don't You Use Web Content Accessibility Guidelines; WCAG 2.0

I'm writing a paper on what is hindering the adoption of WCAG 2.0 and though I have a number of factors in mind already, I would like the document to be as comprehensive as possible.  

So I'm hoping maybe people here can give me further insights into the factors you think are hindering the adoption of WCAG 2.0.  

Thanks in Advance,

MSc HCI student at University of York - Adam Roethenbaugh.

12 Mar 2011 - 5:19am
3 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
sabrinaalencar

UX companies in Italy

Good morning everybody,

I'm looking for the best UX companies in Italy... can you help me with that?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Sabrina

10 Mar 2011 - 4:56pm
UsabilityNews

2nd International UX Competency Framework Workshop

Following the success of last year's workshop we will be running a workshop at HCI 2011 focusing on developing a common curriculum for UX.

10 Mar 2011 - 4:49am
3 years ago
1 reply
fataha

Research on Generation Y Interactions (http://generationyinteractions.blogspot.com/)

My name is Wei. I am working as a PhD researcher at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands. The aim of this blog is to create an information storage, to share my ongoing work, and to encourage discussions for Generation Y Interactions. Now, let's start our interactions :-)

9 Mar 2011 - 11:43pm
3 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
India Green

Graduate Student Living in an Area with limited UI/UX/IxD opportunities or communities

I am a working graduate student at DePaul University. I'm currently enrolled in their Master of Science in HCI online program. I live in Louisiana so UI/UX/IxD communities are almost non existed here. Does anyone have any  suggestions for future students who are interested in Interaction Design but live in an area where there isn't much opportunity or community around? 

9 Mar 2011 - 6:33pm
3 years ago
5 replies
iamclint

Persistent Navigation Bar with Shopping Cart

Has anyone run across an e-commerce site that utilizes a persistent navigation bar at the bottom of the browser that also includes the shopping cart. Traditionally an entry point to the shopping cart is found in the top right of an online shopping site. 

Here are a couple of examples: 

8 Mar 2011 - 3:28pm
2 years ago
10 replies
Terms:
Thalith Nasir

Thoughts on locked navigations?

Hello everyone!

We're in the middle of a site redesign and currently exploring navigation options. 

One option is a navigation thats locked to the bottom of a page with sub-menus that fly up. 

I don't often find menus like these and I'm trying to figure out why! :)

I know www.vogue.com and www.gamepro.com has a navigation that locks to the top of the page, which are more recent examples. However, haven't really found navigations glued to the bottom. 

Would love your thoughts on this. 

Thanks in advance!

8 Mar 2011 - 1:39pm
Dan Saffer

Device Design Day 2011

Kicker Studio is very pleased to announce the second Device Design Day will be held August 5, in San Francisco.

Like last year’s stellar lineup, D3² features great speakers from industrial, visual, and interaction design.

Registration is open now, with Early Bird Pricing until April 25. Use the discount code FOKS for an additional 5% off. We sold out last year, so register early!

Hope to see you August 5!

8 Mar 2011 - 1:02am
+2
IxDA Interactio...

Be a part of the IxDA Interaction Awards planning committee

The Interaction Awards need your help!

http://bit.ly/eHSsmN

The Interaction Awards are IxDA's inaugural international Interaction Design awards, with selections being celebrated in Dublin in February 2012.

http://www.ixda.org/awards

There are several opportunities for talented and motivated community members to be a part of the planning committee.  All Interaction Award committee members get a free registration to Interaction 12 in Dublin.