Discussion Archive: April 2011

20 Apr 2011 - 5:27pm
Suba Periyasami

Mark as default in creation page

Hi All,
I am working on a form design and have a related question. The design I am working on allows users to create multiple accounts. However, users should mark or check one account as their default account.  

20 Apr 2011 - 9:01am
2 years ago
11 replies
Don Habas

Most effective location for social media "share" icons?

From your experience, where is the best place on a page for social media icons?  Beginning of article?  End of article?  Right rail?   Depends on...?    My guess would be near the title.

20 Apr 2011 - 8:54am
William Hudson
20 Apr 2011 - 2:50am
3 years ago
4 replies
Leisa Reichelt

How to hire a UXer - Survey for candidates and employers

On the back of the UX Freelancers Rates survey I did late last year, I'm now investigating t

Jeff Ritchie

CFP: The Ninth Annual International Digital Media and Arts Association Conference, October 13-15, 2011 (Savannah College of Art & Design, Savannah, Georgia)

Design. Innovation. Story: an Odyssey of Confluence

Leading academics, designers, professionals and artists will gather at Savannah College of Art and Design for the International Digital Media and Art Association's ninth annual conference, to explore how digital media and art is a confluence of creative innovations.

19 Apr 2011 - 3:23pm
isis

Indian Day

In Latin America, the Day of the Indian (19 of April), commemorated since 1940 for decision of the First Inter-American Indigenista

19 Apr 2011 - 3:23pm
+1
isis

Indian Day

In Latin America, the Day of the Indian (19 of April), commemorated since 1940 for decision of the First Inter-American Indigenista

19 Apr 2011 - 11:36am
3 years ago
1 reply
Janna

tracking time on task - web app

I'm working with a team where we want to be able to show improvement, decreased time on task, after we re-design the UI. I want to track time on task for a web based application. Has anyone captured time on task, and possibly click and scroll data from a particular web app? How do you pull the data for that app out of all of the other web related work that person may be doing?

Thanks for your insights,

Janna

www.thirdbrainstudio.com

19 Apr 2011 - 6:56am
PREETI SALUJA

Suitable icon for 'convey symptom'

Hi,

I am working on a health app for mobile. 
One of the functions for this app is 'Convey symptom' where in patient can remotely tell doctor about any symptom he is experiencing.
I am looking for suggestions for a suitable icon for the same.

Kindly revert with some ideas!

Regards,
Preeti

19 Apr 2011 - 5:58am
William Hudson

April Update - Usability, User Experience and UCD

Spring UX & UCD Training Courses in London, Brussels and Vancouver

LONDON

An early-booking discount is available until May 23rd for our one-day Card Sorting for User Experience course. It covers a wide range of both paper and online tools and techniques for researching and validating information architecture with users. New this year is the inclusion of ‘reverse’ card sorting – an online tool that tests the effectiveness of menus – plus a peek at our upcoming SynCaps V3 card sorting analysis software.