Discussion Archive: April 2011

2 Apr 2011 - 5:27am
William Hudson

CHI 2011 Courses Reminder

(Apologies for cross-posting)

Just a reminder to anyone thinking of attending CHI (7-12 May, Vancouver, BC) that many courses are still available - see http://chi2011.org/program/courses.html

These courses represent excellent value for money since they are virtually free (USD 25 each) for registered conference attendees.

Among the 30+ to choose from, I'd like to draw attention to two that I am running: - Agile User Experience and UCD (full day on 10 May) - Card Sorting for Navigation Design (9:00-12:20 on 12 May)

Agile UX and UCD has attracted a lot of attention from usability

1 Apr 2011 - 6:34pm
Cynthia McWilliams

WebVisions Portland May 25-27, IXDA discount code

With only a few days left for early registration, I was looking for the IXDA discount code that WebVisions accepts for a further discount off early bird pricing. Is there anyone here who can help me and other interested attendees find this information?

Many thanks for your help.

1 Apr 2011 - 4:58pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Steve Portigal

[PLUG] User Research Analysis - Steve Portigal - 4/7 - UIE Virtual Seminar

Thanks to our friends at UIE, I'll be presenting my webinar User Research Analysis: You've Done All This Research, Now What on Thursday 4/7. This is adapted from a workshop that I've led in Savannah, Atlanta, Hong Kong, Portland, Vancouver, and San Francisco, among other countless other places. But I'm always hearing about interested folks elsewhere, so thanks to the webinar, anyone anwywhere can check it out.

1 Apr 2011 - 12:56pm
ixdajimmyd

Creativity & Cognition 2011 Final call for papers

In this final posting of the Call for Papers, we cordially invite submissions to the 8th ACM Conference on Creativity & Cognition (C&C 2011) as well as to the related art program, tutorials, workshops, and graduate student symposium.

Conference: Creativity & Cognition 2011
Conference dates: November 3-6, 2011

1 Apr 2011 - 9:57am
+1
3 years ago
7 replies
dickepay

"Make it pretty" - My Boss

Howdy, I work at an organization that believes having a "Pretty" skin is all you need to have a good User Experience. Has anyone ever run into this, and how does one overcome this. I am literally at my wits end trying to prototype different layouts, and explaining the need for user research/feedback. All comments are welcome, constructive or not.