Discussion Archive: May 2011

11 May 2011 - 6:14am
3 years ago
1 reply
remi

Masters in HCI

Hi everyone,

I've just joined this forum so first of all, great work, there are some really interesting discussions on here and I have been a frequent visitor dispite not becoming a member.

Its just a quick question really. I've recently been offered a place at City University to study Human Centred Systems and I would like some opinions on the department. Compared to UCL's Human Computer Interaction with Ergonomics, what are people's experiences?

10 May 2011 - 7:36pm
Jayson Elliot

From a friend at Zipcar

From a friend at Zipcar

10 May 2011 - 5:44pm
3 years ago
2 replies
nancy ann falkenburg

mint.com visual user interface designer

we are looking for rockin' visual interface designer for Mint.com.  

will relocate (from New York City, Los Angeles, San Diego, Miami, Chicago -- anywhere we find great talent :) 

please contact me for details: nancy falkenburg, mint.com

( nancy_falkenburg@intuit.com )

iPhone: 650/336.3645

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/nancyfalkenburg

COMPANY: Mint.com

JOB LOCATION: Mountain View, California 94040 (650 area code)

JOB TITLE: Mint.com Senior Visual Interface Designer (71214) 

JOB DURATION: FTE  

10 May 2011 - 2:21pm
4 weeks ago
7 replies
Maurice

Photoshop stops pasting from Clipboard

Hi all,

Anybody solved the mysterious Cut n' Paste abandonment issue with Photoshop CS4 and CS5?.

I heard it's actually a Windows problem...something about Photoshop keeps 'listening' for the clipboard, but Windows ignores the request after a while, something to the effect.

Anyway.
Here is the scenario:

10 May 2011 - 11:27am
3 years ago
1 reply
Greybeat

Sub process within main process?

Does anyone know of any good examples of a progress bar that also shows sub-processes? So let's say it's a typical cart/checkout process (login > shipping > payment > ...), for each of those steps, for example... payment, there could be multiple steps within that (e.g. applying for credit). If anyone has some examples to show, please share.

Thank you!

9 May 2011 - 8:56pm
3 years ago
1 reply
hweir

lightbox for webM and h.264 videos on the iPad - unicorn idea or dream come true?

Hi All! I am very new to UX design and am working on building a site for the iPad. For my purposes, I will be using webM and h.264 for posting a series of videos. I would like the possibility for the user to view the video in a lightbox popout box. From what I have read on the web, it sounds like this is not possible. What are your thoughts? Is this possible and if so, how is this possible?

Thanks for your help!

9 May 2011 - 4:21pm
tabbye

Yahoo! Auto Response

Hi friend: Introduce you a cool website: walafa.com it is a large wholesaler who trade mainly in all kinds of electric products for promotion. To my surprise, their products are very low price and high quality. I bought a laptop from this website last week, and the laptop works very well! I think it is a shopping paradise which can bring you much benefit, so I want to share it with you! Best Regards!

9 May 2011 - 4:14pm
3 years ago
3 replies
DeHui

Recommendations on UX Journals and Magazines

I am trying to pull together a list of ux academic journals and magazines that not only introduce ux methodologies (both research and design) but also best practices. Off the top of my head, I can think of Interactions and UX Magazine. Anything else that is worth reading? I am interested in both theories and case studies.

I'll be more than happy to share the results with everyone! 

9 May 2011 - 8:40am
DrWex

Firefox 4 insta-hate

Anyone know a way to roll back from Firefox 4? It does not seem to fix the horrid memory leaks and process malfeasance that Firefox 3 suffered from and from an interaction perspective it's awful.

In just the first few minutes: - it comes up ugly. Looks like a throwback to the 1980s. I'm guessing there are skins or appearances or themes or whatever I could load but at least give me something to start with. Plus, how about a clue where these things are?

9 May 2011 - 8:28am
UXconference

Call for papers UXConference 2011 - Lugano, 29th october 2011

Kind members of Interaction Design Association

Sketchin, a swiss design company, is organizing the third edition of UXconference, a summit on user centered design, that will take place in Lugano (CH) on 29th october 2011.

the conference deals with issues such as:

* Usability
   * User research
   * Information Architecture
   * Interaction Design
   * Visual Design
   * Content Design

We receive proposal for speech until 1st july 2011. You can send us an abstract of your speech (7.500 charachters) + a bios with a photo of you.