Discussion Archive: May 2011

8 May 2011 - 7:15pm
NYC IxDA

First-Annual Juried User Experience Awards: Submission Deadline Is May 15th

The UX groups in New York City (NYC-CHI, NYC IxDA, NYC UPA and the IA Meetup) have organized the first-annual juried User Experience Awards as part of 2011 Internet Week. The stated purpose of the awards is to showcase the value and importance of User Experience in creating successful digital products and services. New York UX professionals are encouraged to submit their work for award consideration. More information is available here:

7 May 2011 - 11:14am
Shalini Juneja

A gift from the East

dear sir/madam:
                     Please forgive us to disturb your valued time.
                                        This is a big wholesale company in china, sell electronic products to all the world,such as laptop, camera, phone and so on. We can offer the low price and high quality to you. If you have free   
                          time, please take a few to visit our official website: www.electron68.com
     Then any questions, please contact us freely.

6 May 2011 - 10:15pm
NYC IxDA

[Event Reminder] IxDA NYC Presents the Big Apple Redux, Sat. May 14th

IxDA NYC is pleased to present... The Big Apple Redux

Every year, the interaction design community gathers to stretch our minds, sharpen our skills and inspire each other.

6 May 2011 - 7:48pm
2 years ago
1 reply
Rodrigo Sanchez

[EVENT] NYCUPA - Case Study: UX Designer Re-Invents Video Content Management System That Enables Employees To Go Home At a Reasonable Hour - 5/17

Dmitry Zak, User Experience Team Manager for Digital Products & Services at NBC Universal, had a proven track record for creating user-friendly experiences and products within his company. Last year, a project was proposed which was the most ambitious yet: improving the user interface for CNBC’s complex video publishing system. While legal constraints don’t allow him to disclose deep metrics, he will share the project’s process, which began with the motivation to improve users’ quality of life.

6 May 2011 - 2:41pm
1 year ago
6 replies
Terms:
mikequery
6 May 2011 - 1:56pm
2 years ago
5 replies
smalin28

Behavioral Mapping Tools

The research division of my architecture firm is exploring new methods of observation and understanding how users interact with the built environment. I know interaction design is generally virtually/digitally based rather than physically, but I thought I'd start a thread anyways. We're looking for digital tools for behavioral mapping that allow us to visually report on how visitors use the space we have designed. We're initially thinking along the lines of time lapse photography or GPS/GIS technology (although for observation within a building).

6 May 2011 - 1:43pm
oozcan

Body Interaction and Imagination Studious PhD Grant

Dear  All

Imagination Studious (Uppsala- Sweden) which is one the important motion capture company in Europe, opens an excellent PhD Grant opportunity.

The research project will be based on human-body interaction.  This new call opens for everybody  who has excellent programming and creative skill. Deadline is  June 3, 2011, 17:00 Swedish Time

Please see details

http://www.mdh.se/hogskolan/om/jobb/2.6474/2.6476/1.41046

6 May 2011 - 9:49am
Sam Ladner

Mobile research project: seeking participants and followers!

Hi folks,

Any of you designing for mobile right now and have no research to base it on? We're trying to fill that gap! Here's a brief intro to the project, based at Ryerson University in beautiful Toronto:

Introducing Mobile Work Life

I'm specifically talking to UXers for two reasons:

1. We need participants! Do you live in Ontario? Help us -- $100 incentive!

6 May 2011 - 9:27am
+2
2 years ago
2 replies
uxmovement

Innovative Techniques to Simplify Sign Ups and Logins

I wrote this article on innovative techniques to simplify your sign ups and logins and wanted to share it with the interaction design community in hopes to engage in a valuable discussion. We all know there is no one-size-fits-all way to design sign up and login forms, so please keep in mind that these are just ideas.

6 May 2011 - 1:47am
Heena Vyas

Hyderabad and Bangalore (India) - Design Incubator's UXD Training Announcement

Design Incubator is glad to inform you of our upcoming User Experience Training in Hyderabad and Bengaluru during the months of May and June.