Discussion Archive: May 2011

5 May 2011 - 2:46pm
3 years ago
1 reply
MPawson

Thoughts on Adobe Reader X interface

Any comments on the Reader X interface particularily the "Simplified User Interface" - their tag line from their features page regarding the new reading mode. It might be easy once you know about it but I was about to pan one of our webapps in a usability review for viewing PDF's in the same browser window and providing the user with squat for functionality. I had just updated to the latest Reader without thinking prior to starting my review and it took me sometime to figure out what the problem was.

4 May 2011 - 7:01pm
3 years ago
9 replies
Maurice

Microsoft Products - What sucks and what rocks...

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while, but read through posts everyday. That said.

I will have an opportunity to sit with a few of the UX and UI Designers in an interview.
Because some/many/most of you are using Windows and some/many/most of their software I would like to cast a net and see how you all feel about some/many/most of their products.

What bugs you?
What makes no sense?
What really sucks?
What's really good?

This is for any tool in their arcenal !!! Any product !!!

jonesabi

[EVENT] Cartographies of Time and Innovation in Silicon Valley

In this month's BayCHI meeting, two wildly different time periods collide. In the first half of the program Professor Daniel Rosenberg will focus on the emergence of the timeline as a common graphic tool. Rosenberg examines the origins of measured, linear representations of history, their alternatives, and their implications for historical thinking, as well as the power of graphic devices in the representation of information more generally.

3 May 2011 - 3:58pm
3 years ago
2 replies
interactive fiction

Brand new type of interface! The tongue!

Slashdot.org has passed along news that the University of Electro-communications has created an artificial, Internet-enabled tongue. You manipulate a control with your tongue, and a paired control somewhere else mimics your tongue's movements inside someone else's mouth.

There's also discussion of Ubuntu's new user interface, which seems to have suffered from the rush to put out the latest version of the linux-based operating system. One user claims "Ubuntu is doing a great job throwing away years of UI experience." Ouch.

3 May 2011 - 11:17am
3 years ago
4 replies
Terms:
GarthDB

Submissions for Speakers Interaction12

What is the submission process for speaking at Interaction12?

2 May 2011 - 7:41pm
3 years ago
2 replies
Michelle Bacigalupi
2 May 2011 - 11:18am
+1
Louis Rosenfeld