Discussion Archive: June 2011

2 Jun 2011 - 3:09pm
Leonardo Parra

Bogota, Colombia. Local Leader.

Dear IxDA community,

Bogota is currently in need of a very active and dynamic local leader; the local group´s been quiet for a while, but it´s now time to bring it back.

Drop me a line if you´re interested.

*You know what? Let´s meet up and make it happen.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards, 

Leonardo Parra M.F.A.
Profesor Asistente
Departamento de Diseño
Universidad de los Andes
Bogotá, Colombia.

2 Jun 2011 - 3:01pm
2 years ago
7 replies
Noah.Ruede

New to the field-- Advice?

Hey guys,

My name's Noah Ruede, and I'm a 22-year-old aspiring Interaction Designer.

I spent three years studying Communication at Rutgers University before learning about IxD. I was immediately fascinated by the field, so much so that I have decided to transfer instead to CUNY City Tech's "Emerging Media Technology" major, with the Media Design concentration on the Interaction Design track.

2 Jun 2011 - 6:09am
+1
2 years ago
1 reply
avin

A different approach

Touch screen application interfaces have been following a common frame design for quite sometime now.
When i got an oppurtunity to work on couple of similar projects, 1st thing i did was i started observing the way people interact with the devices. I went through most of the similar applications.
As i was going through, lot of questions came in my mind. Few were like.

1. Technology has grown so much, isn't the practice of interaction with it also has grown?

1 Jun 2011 - 3:01pm
ixdajimmyd

Call for Papers for Workshops with ACM Conference on Creativity and Cognition

We cordially invite submissions to Workshops associated with the 8th ACM Conference on Creativity & Cognition (C&C 2011).

Conference: Creativity & Cognition 2011
Conference dates: November 3-6, 2011

All workshops will be held on Thursday, November 3rd 2011, in TSRB on the Georgia Tech campus in Atlanta, USA.

Workshop 1
Design Thinking: Creativity in Business and Education
Stefanie Norvaisas and Ami Varhalen
Half-Day workshop

1 Jun 2011 - 2:07pm
paolasales@gmail.com

UX hotels admin

Dear all,

Do you have any benchmarking info about UX hotels admin in sites like hotels.com, booking.com? I'm starting a research about how hotels can manage their reservations, rooms availability inside those websites and/or combining with their own admin softwares.

If you have any kind of info, it would be very useful!

Thanks you all in advance! :-))))

Paola

1 Jun 2011 - 11:42am
2 years ago
5 replies
Adam Stevenson

Breadcrumb Trail Separator Terminolgoy

In the interest of a controlled vocabulary, what terms have you used, or do you prefer to use for the > that is placed between breadcrumb trail elements?

^ is a caret, but that isn't quite accurate.  "Greater-than sign" just sounds out of place.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Adam