Discussion Archive: July 2011

16 Jul 2011 - 9:40pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Charles Erdman

Mid-Level UX Designer wanted by Cerritos, CA based agency, Oshyn

Oshyn is seeking Information Architects who will be responsible for coordinating the content, navigation and design for Internet/intranet/portal business solutions which will be aligned with business needs and functional requirements. IAs will blend strategic business thinking with a strong knowledge of web technologies to construct and document all aspects of information architecture and interactive design.

15 Jul 2011 - 5:13am
3 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
oemanet

Question about mobile ui, idx and invention

Hello, i am new here, but i am doing my self ux and idx for hobby almost 3 years. I didn't publish any my creation because of some of them need to be pattented,  should i just publish my creations on blog or internet of should i wait for another way to find it?

15 Jul 2011 - 3:54am
3 years ago
7 replies
Graham Sear

Mobile UX design resources

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for smartphone design books/resources for the full UCD process i.e. concept, user flow, IA, production, testing, etc?

Thanks

Graham

14 Jul 2011 - 5:56pm
obiwanaomi

Need recommendation for Ethnographic Research vendors

I am looking for recommendations for vendors who have conducted ethnographic research. What was your overall experience? Was the documentation helpful?

I appreciate your feedback.

14 Jul 2011 - 12:54pm
3 years ago
1 reply
MChristoff

Setting goals

It is that dreaded time again where I have to create measurable goals. It is part of the McGraw-Hill culture.

I am new to UI design. I have been in my position for 2 years. Just wondering what are some measurable goals I could focus on this year. I am stumped.

Thanks everyone
Mikeman

14 Jul 2011 - 9:48am
+2
Terms:
Matt Nish-Lapidus

IxDA.org Updates and Progress Report

Hi Everybody,

I just wanted to post a quick message to let you all know what's happening with IxDA.org. 

13 Jul 2011 - 9:14pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
Victor Lombardi

Announce: new UX book-in-progress: Why We Fail

(apologies for duplicate postings)

I'm thrilled to announce I just signed with Rosenfeld Media to write a new book:
"Why We Fail: Real Stories and Practical Lessons from Experience Design Failures."

13 Jul 2011 - 11:47am
ixdajimmyd

Registration Open for Creativity & Cognition 2011

Dear colleagues,

Registration for the 8th ACM Conference on Creativity & Cognition (C&C 2011) is now open. We cordially invite you to participate in the conference that will be held during November 3-6 at the beautiful High Museum of Art in Atlanta, USA.

Conference: ACM Creativity & Cognition 2011

Dates: November 3-6, 2011
Venue: High Museum of Art, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

12 Jul 2011 - 3:23pm
3 years ago
2 replies
Audrey Crane

Writing Lean / Agile Proposals

I wonder if anyone has anything they're willing to share about what's worked for them in writing successful proposals for agile / lean clients?

I find myself writing shorter and shorter proposals, because I'm just trying to write through what I know will happen. For example, I know we'll do one round of usability research, but then depending on the number and size of changes, we might implement changes in dev, or do another revision to the prototype.

11 Jul 2011 - 7:02pm
1 year ago
6 replies
amara

Modal boxes on a mobile environment?

Hello!

I'm working on a responsive website and I'm curious to know what is the current best practice is for modal boxes in mobile environments (in specific: smartphones). Does a modal box take away from the experience or enhance it? Thoughts?

Thanks!