Discussion Archive: September 2011

27 Sep 2011 - 3:23pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Frank Siraguso

E-newsletter usability

I'm thinking that this may have been around the block a few times but I'd like to have to have opinions and links to research, if possible.

We send several short monthly e-newsletters and are redesigning them. The layouts are pretty much the same for all: 2 column, wide on left wtih the right column for links, etc. Our new Web manager wants to have an "In this issue" list in the right column. We-the writers-think that's redundant. Because we use a title link with a short intro, readers will see all the contents, usually. Thanks for your help!

27 Sep 2011 - 6:59am
Samir

Ways to display addresses

I am in the middle of a project where we handle some personal information, such as users addresses. Obviously we don't want to display a users address to someone other than that user. Now I'm looking for ways to "obfuscate" the address in a way that makes it obvious to the right person that the address displayed is her address, but not for others. 

Does anyone have any tips or ideas?

26 Sep 2011 - 11:00pm
Sachendra

Nokia on Patterns of Human Interaction: Provide users with a more easily glanceable device

Nokia’s design team led by Marko Ahtisaari has been working to simplify navigation model and provide users with a more 

26 Sep 2011 - 9:42pm
teeterrl

Help on Undergrad Project

I beginning my senior project, which includes research & implementation of a creative project. I am considering creating my research question to be: How have Social Networking Sites effected romantic relationships?  

My advisor suggested I use Processing software to create a map to visualize these interactions. I'm not sure if that is the right route to take. Even if it is, I need to find sample codes since I haven't had much training in Processing.

Does anyone have advice? 

26 Sep 2011 - 9:39am
Leisa Reichelt

UX Bootcamp: Prototyping in Code (London, UK)

Want to make better prototypes? Wish you could make your own prototypes in code but can never find the time or motivation to get skilled up? Welcome to UX Bootcamp.

26 Sep 2011 - 9:07am
usabilitycounts

UX Drinking iPhone App released...

Don't say I didn't warn you -- Download here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ux-drinking-game/id465965671?ls=1&mt=8

The site's also at www.uxdrinkinggame.com, and it's mobile enabled.

Cheers.

Patrick

IxDA Interactio...

Interaction Awards Profiles Helen Walters

For the fourth profile in our series on the Interaction Awards Jury, we've interviewed New York City-based juror Helen Walters. Helen is a writer, editor and researcher at innovation consultancy Doblin, part of the Monitor Group. A journalist with experience editing and publishing content across multiple platforms, Helen was previously the editor of innovation and design at Bloomberg Businessweek. She is contributing editor at Creative Review magazine in the United Kingdom while she writes about creativity and design for numerous international publications, including Core77, Design Observer and Fast Company. She curates the website, thoughtyoushouldseethis.com and is the author of a number of design-related books.

We asked Helen two questions, and here's what she had to say:

24 Sep 2011 - 3:03pm
3 years ago
1 reply
jamdoc2010

Global Sustainability Jam

Greetings all,

I am planning a Global Sustainability Jam for Los Angeles in Santa Monica.

I need your help. If you are interested in participating....i am planning a meeting in early October....drop me line...

Want to Jam? Then check out

22 Sep 2011 - 8:11pm
Brett.DiLello

Intuitect... What happened?

Hi All

I am, and still are very interested in evaluating Intuitect Professional and have spent countless hours trawling the web searching for a download. But it seems that Intuitect has literally evaporated and no trace remains...

Can anyone please help with access to an evaluation version or even explain what happend to them?

Thanks in advance.

Brett

21 Sep 2011 - 4:56pm
3 years ago
3 replies
Ally

Help with designing a search experience

I have to improve and modify the search experience of the site I work for. Its one of the key features of our site.

Would anyone be able to point me to resources that could provide insight or provide any feedback on designing a good search flow? Similar to browsing and purchasing an item on Amazon or eBay...

Thank you for your help.