Discussion Archive: November 2011

2 Nov 2011 - 1:43pm
Ally

Assistance with Usability Guidelines for User Account Design

Hello,

I was hoping for some assitance with usability guidelines when designing a user account section of a site. I work for an auction site that is a little like eBay but deals with much larger and expensive items.

I wasn't able to locate information or other resources on the subject but as a start to my research, I looking at sites such as eBay and Amazon.

Thanks

Ally

2 Nov 2011 - 7:50am
2 years ago
4 replies
djlittle

Guiding an interface evaluation session

Dear all,

I'm planning a session with some users who are experiencing a problem with an existing complex editing interface (aimed at structured data capture). What I wanted to achieve is to identify where the key problems lie so I can work on a redesign: ideally via one to one sessions but this isn't possible as the team is very distributed so we need to do it as a group in a central location.

2 Nov 2011 - 6:13am
2 years ago
4 replies
azade.navabi

Which programming language should I learn?!

I am a new graduated interaction designer and have just started my professional career in a consultant company. I have a background in industrial design, so don't have any concrete knowledge about different programming languages. Just I know a little about html and css. Now I need your advice about what should I focus on? a new language like C or continuing with html and css? and what more I should add to this list!

thanks for your help in advance!

//Azadeh

1 Nov 2011 - 10:50am
2 years ago
12 replies
stepheneighmey

Can personas be created when you are not sure who your audience will be?

Not sure why this didn’t post the first time…

I work for a company in the healthcare vertical. We are designing a SAAS product to be released in the next 6-12 months. Though this product does tie-in ‘somewhat’ with an existing product, we basically have no idea who the audience might be for the product.

Is it possible to create personas to help influence the design of this product when we don’t know who the audience might be?

Thank you.