Discussion Archive: December 2011

7 Dec 2011 - 1:04pm
2 years ago
3 replies
marcintreder

Help needed: research study on wireframing/prototyping tools

Hello guys,

Could you please help me with my research study on user experience design tools?
It would be great if you'd just fill in this questionnaire: http://bit.ly/vBpseA

Thank you!

7 Dec 2011 - 12:06pm
2 years ago
7 replies
Terms:
sdowney

Internet as a diversion (Dec 2011 Pew Internet Research)

What do you make of the latest Pew Internet study (http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2011/Internet-as-diversion.aspx) that reports an increase in the percentage of Internet users going online "..for no particular reason except to have fun or to pass time."

7 Dec 2011 - 8:33am
2 years ago
11 replies
Maurice

Do you seriously think the Future Of Interaction should be a single finger?

With an entire body at your command, do you seriously think the Future Of Interaction should be a single finger?

Here's an interesting article I came across.
http://worrydream.com/ABriefRantOnTheFutureOfInteractionDesign/

What could we find it we look beyond?
Just putting it out there!

IxDA Interactio...

2012 Interaction Awards: Awards Finalists Announced!

We are pleased to announce the finalists for the 2012 Interaction Awards!

Three weeks ago the inaugural Interaction Awards Jury met in New York City to review all of the shortlisted entries and choose the best examples of interaction design for 2012. It was a daunting task, but our amazing Jury was up to the challenge.

6 Dec 2011 - 3:53am
2 years ago
4 replies
Silvia Di Gianf...

Lean UX - Lean UI specifications

Hi all,

this is a call for all the agilists out there: do you have any example/best practice of lean UI Specifications and how you communicate them to the developers, assuming you work in a remote team where members are in 4 different locations?

Thanks!

6 Dec 2011 - 2:15am
2 years ago
2 replies
tstutts

Private Events Platform

I'm looking for a CMS for private events that I can taylor specifically for an organization in the Bay Area that wants to share details of private, free Opera concerts among their constituents. Basically I'd want a way for users to join / get approval from an admin, and then become aware of events, search for events, etc. Nice-to-haves would be the ability for a user to upgrade their profile, so they can host an event, or become at artist, so that producers can contact them to perform in events. This may sound like a tall order, but everything can be kept really light.

5 Dec 2011 - 11:56pm
2 years ago
5 replies
savvy

Regarding new log in/log out icons for mobile Android app- my product mgr wants to use the padlocks. Would Log in be the closed or open padlock (and log out would be the other, obviously)? On the one hand, I think when it's "locked" (closed), that means you're logged in already... but I've also seen it where the locked means it REQUIRES a log in... opinions??

thx

5 Dec 2011 - 3:40pm
+1
2 years ago
1 reply
Amyris Fernande...

Interaction South America Rocks!!!

Dear IxDA from all over,

Since 2009 we are helding a conference in South America called Interaction South America (ISA).  This year´s edition of ISA ´11 had 600 subscriptions, 200 people on the waiting list.  It happened in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil., making clear that this is the Interaction Design time for South America.

The South American version of the Conference has also an academic part. In 2011, we had more than 100 papers to select. Academics from all over the world helped us to select the 48 ready to presentation. 

5 Dec 2011 - 2:37pm
Dave Malouf

New Sponsors & Still opportunities

Hi all,

I want to take this opportunity to point people to our two new Silver sponsors for Interaction12 | Dublin.

First, I am really excited that SapientNitro have upgraded their sponsorship from Recruiter to Silver. There will be more annoncements soon about how they plan to add to the conference experience for attendees. Their upgrade significantly increases their contribution to the conference and demonstrates their commitment to the IxDA community. Thank you!

5 Dec 2011 - 7:30am
William Hudson

December Update - Spring 2012 Courses in Agile, UX, UCD and IA

December Update – Agile, UX, UCD and IA Training Courses in London and Brussels