Discussion Archive: December 2011

4 Dec 2011 - 4:12am
Jeremy Yuille

ixd12 student design challenge - deadline extended

Dear IxDA list,

It's a tough time for students: in the northern hemisphere the semester is coming to an end, and in the south everyone's on summer break. We've had a lot of requests to extend the deadline for entries to the challenge, so today we're announcing that you have until midnight December 9 (Hawaii time) to get your entries in!

Remember: this stage is not about showing us some design you've already done.

Dana Chisnell

How you can help usability test ranked choice voting in San Francisco and Oakland on Dec 10

Bay Area people, I need your help to usability test ranked choice voting. Join me December 10 in Oakland and San Francisco. Details below: 

Flash usability test of ranked choice voting in Oakland and San Francisco 

What about the design of ranked choice ballots could be changed to help voters vote they way they intend?

2 Dec 2011 - 12:35pm
2 years ago
4 replies
leslie242

Why did gmail take away the checkmark in their checkboxes?

I find this to be rather confusing. The first few times I used the new gmail design, I kept clicking on my checkboxes. Rows were highlighting and unhighlighting, but I didn't understand what was happening. Then I noticed that the last one I selected had this litte, tiny 1 pxl border color change around the checkmark itself--I suppose to indicate that this was the last item I had selected.

2 Dec 2011 - 11:38am
2 years ago
2 replies
ks

Need help in deciding between two master degree courses in Singapore

After 8 years as ux designer, I'm looking for a master degree course to do in Singapore.

I found 2 courses from NTU Master degree relevant. One is "MS product design spl in human factors engg " another is "MS in information system". I need help in deciding.