Discussion Archive: January 2012

16 Jan 2012 - 11:02am
2 years ago
1 reply
William Hudson

Free 1-hour webinar on UxFest

(Apologies if you receive this more than once.)

James Kalbach and I are going to present an overview of our four one-day UxFest courses that will be running in London from 13-16 March (some of the courses will be available elsewhere, too – Brussels and at the CHI 2012 conference in Austin Texas. See http://www.syntagm.co.uk/design/schedule.shtml for full details).

16 Jan 2012 - 10:56am
2 years ago
4 replies
timjaeger

Pros and Cons of Lean UX

After numerous discussions with others about 'Lean UX' and 'Agile Development', I wanted to understand how / when / why to use Lean UX. My latest blog post goes into some detail about the Pros and Cons of going lean vs. sticking with a more traditional waterfall-based approach:

http://www.timjaeger.com/lean-ux-pros-and-cons/

12 Jan 2012 - 1:24pm
2 years ago
4 replies
Terms:
benjabennett

Advanced Filtering on a web app

Does anyone know of a good example of an advanced filtering funtion on a web app?

Something with functions like Greater Than, less than etc?

12 Jan 2012 - 1:14pm
2 years ago
3 replies
leslie242

Recommendation Requested: UX user testing / research agencies

Hey All,

I'm currently working on a web/mobile product and will need user testing in the late spring.  Does anyone have any recommendations? Ideally, we are looking for firms/agencies that are located in the Bay Area but am open to other locations if they are truly kick ass!

Thanks so much in advance.

Leslie

11 Jan 2012 - 3:44am
2 years ago
2 replies
shilpi.seth08@g...

Designing forums for an E-commerse site.

Hi all,

I am working on increasing the user engagement of an E-commerce website. Will forums be the best way to solve my problem . Please suggest some ideas or some good E-commerce websites to analys and some good forum design.

Thanks

Shilpi | UI designer | INDIA

10 Jan 2012 - 5:45am
William Hudson

January Update - UX, UCD and IA Courses in London, Brussels and Texas

(Apologies if you receive this more than once.) 

January Update – Agile, UX, UCD and IA Training Courses in London, Brussels and Texas

mrettig

[IxDA] Call for student applications: Masters in Design for Social Innovation, SVA

Hello,
Over the past two or three years I've had conversations with many people on this list (at conferences and workshops, through email, etc.). I gather that *lots* of people in the design / research / interaction / UX / anthrodesign / IA / product / communications bundle of practices are pondering how they can work in areas other than corporate jobs, consumer products and services, etc.

9 Jan 2012 - 4:22pm
2 years ago
2 replies
Rob Nero

CES 2012 Attendees?

Any interaction designers attending CES 2012 in Las Vegas this week?

Any recommendations of booths to view? Products to touch?

9 Jan 2012 - 2:48pm
2 years ago
3 replies
Kimberly Cassidy

User Testing Recruiting in NYC

Are there any recruiting firms in New York City that you can recommend for user testing?

gnudelman

7 Mobile Strategy Tips for 2012: Mobile Websites, Tablet Apps and Hybrids

Allow me to humbly present the wisdom I got from the experience of walking the last 365 miles. Barefoot. In the snow. Uphill both ways.

http://www.designcaffeine.com/articles/mobile-websites-tablet-apps-and-hybrids-7-mobile-strategy-tips-for-2012/