Discussion Archive: January 2012

7 Jan 2012 - 4:25am
2 years ago
6 replies
Terms:
Shivanand R Yerva

Form values turning to edit mode on click

Hello,
I have a form with labels displayed on left hand side and values displayed on right hand side. When the user clicks on a value field it turns into an editable field. I would like to know the pros and cons of the usage of this design pattern? Attaching the screenshots for reference.

-Shivanand

form-field-view.png

form-field-edit.png

5 Jan 2012 - 10:00pm
andrewtwigg

AIGA Pittsburgh juried show - PGH365

Hey all

I wanted to give you a heads up about PGH365 (formerly Context), AIGA Pittsburgh's annual juried show. We're focusing more and more on interactive work and one of our judges is Brian Boyl, Director of Interactive Design, Art Center College of Design.

5 Jan 2012 - 11:59am
2 years ago
3 replies
Bruno Figueiredo

UXLx 2012 Talk Submissions + Discount Code

Hi fellow IxDAers! UXLx is happening again this year on May 16 to 18 in sunny Lisbon, Portugal. Again, we're accepting submissions for talks until January 27. So, if the new year's sparked some new ideas in your head or you're the leading expert in really really niche topic, or you just want to show off your brand-spanking new technique, this is the place to do it. 500 fellow peeps from more than 30 different countries around the world will be watching.

4 Jan 2012 - 5:25pm
DamonV

Visually comparing two versions of a 3D shape

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for examples of UI that lets users visually compare two versions of a 3D shape. They should be able to easily tell (preferably without further interaction):

- Where do the two shapes differ?
- By how much?

The shapes are parts of human anatomy (a foot, a leg stump, a cranium). The users have little experience with 3D modeling tools.

Any ideas where I might find usable examples?

Many thanks in advance!
Damon

3 Jan 2012 - 10:06am
+1
2 years ago
4 replies
JasonAlexander

Managing your portfolio during an Interview

I had a somewhat negative experience during an interview last month, but I partly blame myself.

I had worked on a website redesign and showed some wireframes during the interview.  Well, the site had then been redesigned after my redesign and this all occured in the span of less than 6 months according to my guesstimate.

I was asked why the site had been redesigned after my redesign and all I could muster was "I am not sure".

I partly blame myself because I was unaware of the succeeding redesign.

But what would have been an acceptable answer?

3 Jan 2012 - 9:30am
2 years ago
1 reply
netwiz

Posting to the list

I've been having problems posting to this list. At the risk of a deluge, if this message gets through to you, please let me know. I cannot post by email, and my last post on the site didn't show up, and isn't in my account.

thanks

Nick

2 Jan 2012 - 3:04pm
2 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
ptamzz

Portfolio review for graduate student

I'm a design enthusiast from India. I'm planning on to apply for my graduate studies to some design programs (interaction design, media design) in the US, and I've my portfolio as a website.

If you can spare some of your valuable time,  it would be of immense help to me if you can review my  web portfolio at http://ptamzz.com and drop me a line here so that I can improve my portfolio.

PS: I do not come from a design background.

Thanks.