Discussion Archive: March 2012

25 Mar 2012 - 8:00pm
2 years ago
3 replies
JasonAlexander

Losing my project manager

My agency is losing a project manager and I was told he will not be replaced.  My role as a user experience designer normally has meant that I complete my deliverables and submit them to my project manager.  The void that will be left when my project manager leaves will now be filled by myself, the creative director and another person.  I need help with my new duties.

25 Mar 2012 - 7:13pm
Jrw389

Human Factors Graduate Program Assistanc

Hey guys and gals,

First off, love the website. I've enjoyed browsing the threads in the past and learned a lot. I just made an account on here and it seems like a great community.

23 Mar 2012 - 1:48pm
2 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
ramya.r2cm

HCI masters in Canada?

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a masters in HCI in Canada, but I haven't been able to locate a course. 
Can anyone give me any guidance or suggestions???

Thanks!

22 Mar 2012 - 10:29am
+1
2 years ago
5 replies
TomTaki

International user testing/research methods & companies

I'm searching for international user testing/research methods & companies. Any advice/recommendations?
20 Mar 2012 - 10:50pm
2 years ago
1 reply
ajayalfred

HCDE @ UW vs. HCID @ IUB

Hi,

I recently applied for the HCI courses at University of Washington and IU, Bloomington. While I'm awaiting their results, I thought I'd quickly get an opinion from the members of this forum on the respective courses. Since you guys have heard and probably analyzed these courses, it would really help if you could help me make my decision.

20 Mar 2012 - 12:59pm
2 years ago
1 reply
MESanders

Some advice for a newcomer to IxD

Hello all!   From what I can tell, this board is full of seasoned vets and experts, so I was hoping you could give me some advice.

20 Mar 2012 - 6:09am
Terms:
William Hudson

Card Sorting with Nested Groups

We're working on the next release of our card sorting analysis software, SynCaps V3 and need a few sites to try out the new 'nested groups' feature on face-to-face, paper-based projects. This allows the kind of hierarchical sorting that many want to do but that few tools support, for example:

Vegetables (group level 1)
-Root Vegetables (group level 2)
--Potatoes (group level 3)
---White Potatoes (item)
---Sweet Potatoes (item)

and so on.

20 Mar 2012 - 6:08am
2 years ago
3 replies
ritikabhagya
Ripple Team

Funding for Ripple* - An app for London Olympics 2012 and more

Ripple* is an amazing way to experience sports events. And we are going to start this journey with a dedicated app version for the biggest sports gala on earth - London Olympics 2012. You can have a look at the project here - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2023203973/ripple-an-app-for-london-olympics-2012-and-more

We are a team of Designers and Developers who are NINJAs at user experience design, interaction design, graphic design, WP7 development, iOS development and sometimes at photography and filming :)

Gilles DEMARTY

Local Meetup the 27th of march at Geneva > Remote User testing Avantages, limitation and usage

Dear list members,

UXRomandie (an IxDA local) is meeting up next week for a few drinks and a talk on Remote User Testing 101.

As the talk will be in French, the rest of this email is in French. But don't hesitate to contact me off the line to discuss what we are doing at UXRomandie or if you're an English speaker in French Switzerland. You are more than welcome to meet with us, as most of our participants speaks perfect English.

----

Nous vous convions au prochain rendez-vous UX Romandie. Cette réunion se tient le 27.03 à L'université de Genève.