Discussion Archive: March 2012

17 Mar 2012 - 9:09pm
2 years ago
1 reply
liusquare

Anyone familiar with Cooper Interaction Design Training or other interaction design summer course?

Hi,

I'm looking for some interaction design course for the coming summer.

Here is there website of Cooper:

http://www.cooper.com/#training

Their course for interaction design costs 2k+ but it is only 4 days. Has anyone here taken this course before? How was your experience?

I also heard of NYU ITP's summer camp, which is more about design/technology, but do cover some user experience. This camp costs 1.5k. It is 4 weeks.

17 Mar 2012 - 10:24am
2 years ago
33 replies
Nancy Roberts

No more information architecture?

I wrote a piece a while back that there was a "war" of sorts going on between (among?) information achitects (who frequently came out of the library science, writing, or HCI fields), usability experts, and "designers," and by that, I mean makers of pretty pictures and high concepts (frequently designers who came out of a classic design-for-print-ads field).

16 Mar 2012 - 7:58pm
2 years ago
1 reply
skw

Introduction to Interaction Design

Hi,

I am putting together an Introduction to Interaction Design lecture. I guess about 30 minutes long.

I wanted to hopefully get feedback from the members here for things I should be including. The target audience is undergrad students who do not know anything about this discipline.

Thanks!

16 Mar 2012 - 5:34am
2 years ago
2 replies
Prashant Dixit

How to Gather Emotional Response of Users

I'm currently involved in a research project in which I attempt to capture the 'wow', the 'good', the 'bad' and the 'ugly' moments of users' emotional response to application interfaces. I have been brainstorming around the possible ways of reaching out to our users who are mostly dispersed across the globe. The commonalities in terms of user persona, day to day tasks that are carried out using software applications, depends upon the context of use.

15 Mar 2012 - 4:03pm
2 years ago
2 replies
csalini

Portfolio Feedback for IXD/UX/Design Strategy Positions

Hello Everyone,

I am a current fourth year student expected to graduate this coming May. I would appreciate any feedback for my portfolio- I am trying to apply for an ixd/ux/design strategy position post graduation.

Thank you!
-Chiara

csalini_portfolio.pdf

15 Mar 2012 - 3:32pm
2 years ago
13 replies
amir khella

Are high fidelity prototypes the new wireframes?

I am working on an article on whether high fidelity protos are starting to replace wireframes.

The main question is: if it's possible to create high fidelity prototypes with the same speed a prototype is created, should wireframes be skipped to move directly from sketches to high fidelity prototypes?

15 Mar 2012 - 3:21pm
StevenDufresne1

Defining Interative Designing

Hi,

I'm looking to put together a definition of interactive design with specific reference to internet applications.

I'm interested in reading articles or material that deal with this content.

Could anyone suggest appropriate material?

Thanks,

Steven Dufresne

15 Mar 2012 - 1:50pm
2 years ago
8 replies
jammyman34

How to find participants for in-house user research...

Hi all, I'm trying to setup a guerrilla style research process at my compnay and I'm trying to figure out the best way to recruit participants for the various research methods I'll be using. So, I have a few questinos I hope you can help me with...

15 Mar 2012 - 7:04am
2 years ago
5 replies
Terms:
Davin Granroth

Prezi infinite canvas poses design questions

Morville's Understanding Information Architecture prezi has crossed many of our screens lately, and it's a pretty fun explanation of information architecture.

I found Jakob Jochmann's critique of it (moreso of the prezi form) to be thought-provoking, but I wonder if many in the field haven't yet seen Jochmann's post. Here's an excerpt, but I encourage you to read the full post.

14 Mar 2012 - 5:11pm
2 years ago
5 replies
Jennifer Wolfgang

User Product Reviews: Showing only positive ones - good or bad?

We sell software where I work. We're looking to integrate user reviews that we get through a third party service (Zueberance, I think) into our product pages.

The business stakeholder wants us to only show positive/glowing reviews.

I have an ehtical problem with that as I feel it's misleading. I also think it looks odd when scanning a list of only 4 and 5 star reviews... As a user, I think, "Sooo... where are some of the more 'negative' reviews?"