Discussion Archive: March 2012

14 Mar 2012 - 4:03pm
14 weeks ago
0 replies
amir khella

Axure widget libraries for web and mobile

Several people who saw Keynotopia asked me if there is something similar for Axure. After doing some research, I found that most options aren't good enough. So with the help of a couple of designer friends, we created Axutopia, an awesome collection of Axure widget libraries for prototyping apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Facebook, Web and desktop.

We've also put together a free Twitter bootstrap widget library for Axure that you can download and try out.

14 Mar 2012 - 3:09pm
allgood85

Sites that sell a product, but also provide content

I'm working on a new site that sells a service but also provides content related to that service. I'm struggling on how to make sure the content doesn't just feel like a marketing ploy for the service. Any examples of sites that have done this successfully?

14 Mar 2012 - 2:37pm
eduiconf

Call For Proposals - edUi 2012

We Want You @ edUi 2012

We seek dynamic speakers willing to share their knowledge and expertise about Web design, user experience design and
development. Preference is given to presentations that offer practical methods and ready-to-use techniques and tools.

14 Mar 2012 - 10:37am
2 years ago
1 reply
tonyzeoli

[JOB - FREELANCE] Looking for freelance IA for a music project I'm working on in Greensboro, NC

Hi everyone,

I'm well aware that we have a Jobs board to post to, but this is more of a freelance project that is a few weeks and not full-time. I don't have a budget for posting this gig to the jobs board and I apologize for that. I'm not a recruiter, but a fellow IA and Product Manager who needs some help with this project, because I'm also acting as project manager, and I just don't have the bandwidth to handle all three major tasks. I'm calling in the troops, so to speak. LOL.

14 Mar 2012 - 8:55am
foleysarah

Bentley Human Factors in Information Design.

I am wondering what the reputation of bentley's HFID program is- I can't find anything online about it outside of the schools website.

13 Mar 2012 - 11:31pm
olivia g

Malmö anyone? Need application advice

Hello,

First of all, really quickly, I've looked around on this site and don't see much if anything about the IxD masters at Malmö University.  Did anyone out there go there?  Is it respected in industry?

13 Mar 2012 - 1:11am
2 years ago
1 reply
BlueLines

Grad School: HCDE vs. HCI/d vs. Digital Media

I've recently been admitted to the Human Centered Design & Engineering MS program at University of Washington.  I was also admitted into the HCI/d program at Indiana University - Bloomington.  Still waiting on a decision from the Digital Media program at Georgia Tech.  

SO: if I was to get into all three programs,  which should I choose?  I'm leaning towards HCDE at UW at the moment - i want to be an Interaction designer if that helps...  

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated!  Esp. if you went to one of these schools!

11 Mar 2012 - 1:40am
1 year ago
4 replies
aeshverma

MS in HCI Admits.....

Hi all

I have 5 admits for MS in HCI program from the following universities:

1. Depaul University
  2. Rochester Institute of Technology(with Scholarship) 
  3. University of North Carolina Charlotte
  4. University of Maryland Baltimore County
  5. Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis(with Scholarship + GA)

Still waiting for a Decision:

1. University of Southern California
  2. Iowa State University
  3. Indiana University Bloomington

9 Mar 2012 - 12:03pm
Carolyn

Web Design course application deadline tomorrow

Hi folks,

The next quarter of Code Academy's web design course will be on April 10th, and the application deadline for it is tomorrow!

This intensive course is geared towards those developing start-up ideas, or those looking to transition more fully into user-centered web design. Students connect with a large network of mentors, and we cover these core areas: