Discussion Archive: February 2013

19 Feb 2013 - 1:13pm
Qixing Zheng
18 Feb 2013 - 4:44pm
1 year ago
2 replies
violetagau

Where can I find information on the history of UCD?

Hi, I'm working on my undergrad thesis and one of the subjects I'm researching is the history of UCD and its origins.
Can you recommend any papers, books or articles about this topic? Where did UCS start (which countries)? Why did it start (to fulfill which needs)?

Thanks!
violeta Gau.

17 Feb 2013 - 12:51pm
1 year ago
12 replies
Patricia Mourthé

Promoting UX within your company: what is your strategy?

Hello everyone. I’m back after a long time without posting here.

16 Feb 2013 - 4:06am
+1
1 year ago
16 replies
Mark Vanderbeeken

Changing role of user research in the UX design process?

During the Interactions 13 conference in Toronto, Paul Adams of Facebook advocated a radically different development cycle than the "ideal" user-centered one (qualitative user research first, then modelling and concept development, followed by prototyping, testing, and iteration).

14 Feb 2013 - 5:29am
1 year ago
2 replies
narhiril

Which criteria should I take into consideration to decide which affinity diagram is better than the other?

I’m currently conducting a comparative research of traditional vs. online affinity diagramming and I’m wondering how evaluate the output. If two separate groups make an affinity diagram on the same topic which criteria should I take into consideration to decide which affinity diagram is better than the other?

Second question is what in your opinion has significant impact on the quality of affinity diagram?

7 Feb 2013 - 2:26pm
1 year ago
15 replies
Jeremy Kriegel

Open Personas could be a great resource for the community

Imagine if there were a repository of personas you could go to as a starting point for your own work? This was the idea that Steve Mulder and I had a few years ago. Now we are trying to make it happen. We need your help. 

The ultimate vision is for a persona marketplace where people can submit personas they can share and browse personas that have been submitted. In the meantime, we'll post content in a blog format. We need volunteers willing to:

TeresaBrazen

What's next for design education? A recap of the IxD13 Education Summit

If you missed the IxD13 Education Summit, I put together a recap of the ideas that came out of it. Lots of good fodder here for how IxDA could help improve design education, get it into schools earlier, etc etc etc.... Read the blog post.

6 Feb 2013 - 5:17pm
1 year ago
17 replies
Ryan Betts

Interaction Design methods library

About two years ago I came across a pretty exhaustive list of IxD methods, with advice on when to use them and examples of implementations. It covered prototyping, interviewing, ethnography research, information architecture, sketching, user testing, research analysis and synthesis, etc. - the whole shebang. It was nothing short of amazing, and yet I didn't bookmark it / lost the bookmark. Every few months I try to find it again. Really hoping I didn't dream the whole thing up. I faintly recall it being curated by a school, but that could be a red herring.

6 Feb 2013 - 7:51am
1 year ago
2 replies
Terms:
sufiyan_ansari

IxDA Asia Podcast

The very first IxDA Asia Podcast featuring Sudhindra Venkatesha Murthy from SapientNitro, also the Asia Regional Coordinator for IxDA.

One of the very first inititatives this year. We have a very ambitions calendar for all of Asia ahead in 2013. The podcast series is just the beginning of many more exciting events to look forward to.

Looking forward to your support. 

http://bit.ly/VI4ufM