Discussion Archive: March 2013

22 Mar 2013 - 9:26am
1 year ago
1 reply
Maurice

Email/Newsletter testing tools

Hi all,

Looking for some of your best suggestions for tools used to test email content formatting.
Should be for both browsers and mobile devices.
Litmus is great and offers a variety of browsers and device comparisons, but I'm looking for other options here.

Thanks.

21 Mar 2013 - 3:42pm
1 year ago
1 reply
Terms:
leslie242

IXD 2013 > Slide decks for the speaker's presentation

At the conference this year, the speakers said not to worry about taking pictures b/c the conference would make the presentations available after then conference. So, I didn't take any slide photos, just notes. Now, I haven't received any follow-up information on where to get access. Where can attendees get the slides?!

Also, I heard that IXD would be offering videos of each of the presentations. So attendees could also see presentations they may have missed due to scheduling conflicts.

21 Mar 2013 - 9:34am
1 year ago
3 replies
jphall86

Information on day and night modes for iPad

Hey everyone,

We are currently working on an iPad app for pilots that will require different viewing modes for day and night. We are aware of the built-in feature that iPads have, but are curious about common practices and conventions that may exist in regards to this sort of design. Does anyone have any idea where we should be looking for information on this?

Thanks!

19 Mar 2013 - 10:39pm
Adi Tedjasaputra

Mobile App Accessibility Resources

I am delivering a lecture on Web Accessibility. Does anyone have any good slide or resources that I can use related to Mobile App Accessibility, and not only Mobile Web Accessibiity?

19 Mar 2013 - 11:54am
Aaron Marcus

User Experience (UX) Magazine Call for Authors.

User Experience (UX) Call for Authors
(Bloomingdale, IL: February 2013)

The theme of User Experience Professionals Association’s UX Magazine for the 3rd quarter of 2013 is Collaboration, to align with this summer’s UXPA conference and World Usability Day. We are now accepting proposals for this issue, and we would love to hear from you!

19 Mar 2013 - 8:02am
+1
Eva Kaniasty

Online Class - Designing Effective Web Navigation

Hello everyone,

I will be teaching an online class on Web Navigation Design on Skillshare.com.com next month. The class will provide an introduction to the User experience design process, and a vehicle for students to complete a project that can serve as a portfolio piece. I just published the class, which you can review at http://skl.sh/15UKhEj .

18 Mar 2013 - 2:50pm
abhijith.rao@gm...

Islamic finance/ banking domain

Hi

Anyone here who's worked on (or is working on) Islamic Finance/  Islamic Banking software? I would love to connect with you to have some informal discussions around this, as I have started off on a new project in this domain.

Regards
Abhijith

My LinkedIn

18 Mar 2013 - 7:28am
Terms:
Jeff Gothelf

Lean UX Training course coming to Stockholm!

Hey folks -

This May I'm offering a two-day Lean UX training class in Stockholm, Sweden. The dates are May 20-21. 

This course is for designers as much as it is for non-designers so bring your whole team. 

Details here:http://www.crisp.se/kurser/lean-ux-course-2013-05-20

Start asking your boss now and I'll see you all in Sweden. Thanks for any help spreading the word. 

[Jeff]

16 Mar 2013 - 10:20pm
+1
1 year ago
4 replies
Sujin Kim

Who's in charge of "strategy"?

I am from South Korea and studying new media advertising in the U.S. I am really confused about the UX career responsibilities. There are so many titles such as planning, UX, research, usability and human factors. Is there a difference between planning and UX and research and usability and human factors – or is it all the same job?

15 Mar 2013 - 8:18am
Brian Sullivan

Design Like DaVinci: Leonardo's Sketching Lessons (SxSW 2013 Slides and Audio)

I have added my slides and the audio track for Design Like Da VInci: Sketching Lessons from Leonardo.  

http://bigdesignevents.com/2013/03/design-like-da-vinci-sketching-lessons-from-leonardo-slides/

I would appreciate any feedback.