I'm relatively new to the field of IxD/IA/UCD and was wondering what constitutes a good portfolio. Are there any examples anyone would be willing to share?
Also, as I'm looking to build my mine and get more inxperience in the field of IxD, any information as to where I can find part-time work (as I'm currently working full-time) in the NYC area would be greatly appreciated. I've hit up some of the usual hot spots such as eLance and Craigslist, but have not had any luck so far.
I'm currently based in the Philippines / Hong Kong and am heading back to London (I'm British) in a few weeks when I've wrapped up work here. I should be here Monday 3rd June and I'd like to attend the next IxDA meeting in London to meet you guys and network.
My questions are about London: What's the work situation like there? And who are the best people to contact?
My client, a leading interactive design agency, is looking for a
Freelance Information Architect for a 6 month assignment (possibly
leading to a staff position).
* Are a creative thinker who is looking for something new?
* Have extensive agency experience working with large and complex
* Have a portfolio of successful interactive engagements. * Want to
be involved in your projects from start to finish.
* Absolute detail freak!
* Have learned to control your fits of Visio-rage!
Pepper Interactive is looking for a Part-Time Freelance Information
Architect based in the Los Angeles area.
* 1+ years experience as an information architect, interaction
designer, or experience designer (or similar role)
* Proven ability to multi-task
* Solid writing and visual communication skills
* Familiarity with usability heuristics and relevant HCI literature
* Knowledge of InDesign for generating site maps and flows,
wireframes and behavior specifications