Interaction 22 Planning Committee
For the last seven (7) years, IxDA has selected the annual Interaction conference’s location and planning team by soliciting proposals from host cities. This process has required an interested Local Group to lead the bid submission with the support of the city’s Meeting and Convention Bureau. Proposals have been selected based on an alternating rotation between Europe and North America.
Recently, interest has been expressed in opening up the rotation for Interaction to other parts of the globe – Asia in specific. And then 2020 and the global pandemic shifted the context again for future editions of Interaction. February 2021 will mark the first fully online edition of our annual gathering of the community.
Looking beyond February, the task is to imagine how Interaction might happen in an uncertain future. Should it be fully online? Hybrid, with a host location and streaming options? Co-organized with distributed teams?
We want to engage the community in modelling and making these decisions, so instead of a call for interested cities, we are looking for individuals interested in forming a Planning Committee.
Timing for Submissions
4 November 2020: Call for Interest opens
30 Nov-11 Dec 2020: Submissions reviewed
4-15 January 2021: Candidate interviews
25 January 2021: Successful candidates notified
5 Feb 2021: Interaction 22 Planning Committee introduced at the close of Interaction 21
Call for Interest
IxDA is extending a Call for Interest for the Interaction 22 Planning Committee. This is a new committee, established by and reporting to the IxDA Board of Directors, working closely with the Executive Director, and with input from contracted Partnership Development support. The deadline to submit your interest in being part of this committee is 30 November 2020.
The IxD22 Planning Committee will provide leadership to develop, plan, and implement all programming aspects of the next edition of Interaction Week, including recommending the format and any location(s).
The role of the Committee
- Ensure programming represents the interests and needs of IxDA community members and stakeholders and that it champions diverse participation and representation;
- Oversee the Interaction 22 Code of Conduct and its procedures;
- Develop and refine a theme consistent with IxDA’s mission and mandate;
- Develop and manage a call for proposals for the program;
- Review and make final selections for approval by the IxDA Board of panelists and speakers based on the call for proposals;
- Develop a program which is in line with the theme;
- Work with the IxDA Board and Regional Coordinators to determine invited speakers and keynotes;
- Implement the Interaction Code of Conduct reporting process.
Nominations are invited to fill four (4) positions
- The Committee will also include representation from the IxDA Board of Directors, the Executive Director, and IxDA staff appointed by the Executive Director to provide support. Other IxDA community members, including past conference committee members, may be called upon to participate in meetings as resources.
- Candidates will be chosen based on relevant experience, enthusiasm for event planning and supporting IxDA’s activities and initiatives. All selected members will receive Code of Conduct incident report training.
- Meetings of the Planning Committee will be held online using existing IxDA conferencing platforms. Additional work will happen asynchronously via Slack and email between meetings as required. The Committee will function for a fixed duration, beginning January 2021 and ending in March 2022, following Interaction 22.
- Individuals may choose to self-nominate or to nominate another individual provided all pertinent details are provided. Nominations may be submitted only by completing this form, including:
- Contact information for the nominee;
- An indication of their willingness to serve;
- Linkedin profile or relevant CV, highlighting work experience to illustrate expertise in and enthusiasm for event planning;
- Confirmation that this workload and time commitment meets with approval from their immediate supervisor.
- 4 November 2020: Call for Interest opens
- 30 Nov-11 Dec 2020: Submissions reviewed
- 4-15 January 2021: Candidate interviews
- 25 January 2021: Successful candidates notified
- 5 Feb 2021: Interaction 22 Planning Committee introduced